- Login Failed Issue On Yahoo Mail
Why My Yahoo Mail Login Failed On Android?
Creating, signing in, and accessing a Yahoo! Mail account is an effortless process. However, there are some issues encountered by the users while trying to access their email account. One such issue is Yahoo mail login failed on Android.
If you’re also encountering the Yahoo! Mail login issue, try the simple troubleshooting instructions given below to fix it.
- As the first step of troubleshooting, check whether your Android phone is connected to an active internet connection
- If you’re encountering this issue with the mail app, relaunch it and then try to log in.
- Update the Yahoo! Mail app if available. To check and update the app, open Google Play Store and type Yahoo! Mail. From the list of suggestions, select the relevant one. Tap on the Update button if it is displayed on the screen.
If these simple troubleshooting instructions don’t resolve the login issue on Android, try the advanced methods given below.
Method 1: Generate an app password
If you’re encountering the login failed error when trying to log in to your Yahoo account from a third-party email app, check whether you have enabled 2-step verification for your account. If yes, create an app password and then try to log in to your account.
Create an app password
- Sign in to your Yahoo account from a browser.
- Click or tap the Settings icon.
- Select Account Info > Account Security > Generate app password.
- Now, create the app password for your account by following the rest of the instructions displayed on the screen.
After creating the app password, try to sign in to your Yahoo account to check whether the Login Failed error is resolved or not. If not, perform the next method given below.
Method 2: Resetting the password
If the Invalid Password message is displayed on the screen, try these troubleshooting instructions to fix it.
- Check whether you have entered your Yahoo account password correctly or not. If not, enter the correct password in the given field and tap Login.
- In case you have forgotten your password, reset it to fix the issue.
Resetting the password
- From your computer browser, go to the Yahoo! Mail’s Sign-in Helper page.
- Choose the account and click Continue.
- Reset your account’s password by following the on-screen prompts.
After resetting the password, try to sign in to your account using the new password. If the same issue persists, try the next method.
Method 3: Clearing app settings
- On the main screen of the Yahoo! Mail app, tap on the menu icon.
- Select Account Info > Recent activity > Apps connected to your account > Remove.
- Now, try to log in to your Yahoo! Mail account.
Still, if the yahoo mail login failed, contact us.