- Update Error 0x800f0988 On Windows 11
HOW TO FIX WINDOWS 11 UPDATE ERROR 0X800F0988?
Recently, a few users received the error code 0X800F0988 on their computer screen when trying to update their existing Windows Operating System. This error might occur due to some internal glitches and can be solved by following simple troubleshooting steps. However, this error may also occur because of some advanced reasons like file corruption, stored cache, etc. If that is the concern, then you must perform the right solution, which you can get in this article. Follow this guide to fix the Windows 11 update error 0X800F0988.
MODIFY THE SYSTEM DATE AND TIME
- Go to the Start menu.
- Click on the Date and Time settings.
- Click on Change Date & Time.
- Select Time Zone.
- After modifying the system date and time, press the OK button.
- Now, check whether the Windows 11 error code 0X800F0988 is resolved.
SCAN YOUR PC FOR VIRUSES
- Download a well-reputed antivirus software from the web.
- Make sure that you download the antivirus software from its official website.
- Once installed properly, perform a full system scan.
- It may take some time to complete the full system scan.
- If you find any virus or its traces, remove them immediately.
- Check if the update error is fixed.
RUN WINDOWS UPDATE TROUBLESHOOTER PROGRAM:
Running the troubleshooter is the simplest and most effective way to fix any error code on your Windows computer.
- Click the Start button.
- Type control panel and hit Enter.
- Make sure that View by is set to Large icons.
- Scroll down and click on the Troubleshooting option.
- Under System and Security, click Fix problems with Windows update.
- Click Next to start the troubleshooter program.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to resolve the Windows error code 0X800F0988 on your PC.
UNPLUG OTHER INPUT DEVICES:
- Peripherals can also cause issues on your computer. So, unplug all the devices that are not useful at present.
- Reboot your computer to remember the last settings or changes.
FREE UP COMPUTER DRIVE SPACE:
There is a slight possibility that your PC might be running out of memory and is struggling to update to its latest OS version.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open the Task Manager.
- Click on More Details.
- In the Performance tab, you can examine how much memory is available for use.
- If the memory space is insufficient, you can upgrade the storage by installing additional RAM.
- On the other hand, you also have the choice of attaching an external hard drive to your PC’s USB port.
TEMPORARILY DISABLE ANTIVIRUS OR FIREWALL
- If you have downloaded any third-party antivirus software on your PC, it could interfere with the Windows update process.
- So, temporarily disable the antivirus or firewall.
CHECK THE OVERALL CONNECTIONS:
Cross-checking the overall connections is the basic and most helpful troubleshooting step one needs to follow.
- Check whether your router is working correctly.
- Run a basic network test to know the speed of your Internet connection.
- If possible, remove the solid objects (interference) between the computer and your router.
- Network fluctuations can also lead to the Windows 11 update error 0X800F0988 on your PC. So, fix them in the first place.
PERFORM A CLEAN BOOT:
Sometimes, programs running in the background can interfere with the Windows update process.
- Open the Run dialog box.
- Type msconfig and click the OK button.
- Click the Services tab in the System Configuration window.
- Check the box next to the Hide all Microsoft services option.
- Click the Disable all button.
- Land on the Startup tab and click the Open Task Manager link.
- Select Startup services and click the Disable button.
- After finishing all the steps, restart your PC.
- Now, try to update your PC and check if the error code 0X800F0988 is fixed.
Despite performing all the above troubleshooting steps, if you are still facing the Windows 11 update error 0X800F0988 on your PC, then feel free to click the Call button (on this page) to reach us.
All views on this site are made by the best of our knowledge and do not represent any thoughts of other sites. Using this website, you can understand how to setup, use and troubleshoot your product. Also, the services provided by us are limited to customer requests and does not replicate any other businesses.