- Date And Time Keeps Changing On Windows 11 Computer
Windows 11 Date And Time Keeps Changing?
It won’t be pleasant when the data and time of your Windows 11 computer keep changing. The reason for the occurrence of this issue could be anything from a dying battery to an incorrect setting. You need to be aware that this faulty clock time will assign incorrect dates and time to the files you create, copy or modify on your computer. The pain caused by this may not come into the picture right away. But, when you try to sort out the files after some time, it will lead to a lot of confusion. But you need not worry about the issue; we are here to help you out from this situation. Follow the article to sort out the Windows 11 date and time keeps changing issue.
A DEAD CMOS BATTERY:
- This could be one of the starting foundations of PC clock issues, especially if your computer is a little older.
- The CMOS battery sits on your computer’s motherboard and provides power to the Complementary Metal Oxide Semiconductor (CMOS) chip.
- This chip is used to store information about the system configuration, including the date and time.
- CMOS stores the data, even when the computer is turned off and not hooked up to a power supply.
- If you haven’t replaced the battery for a long time, the chip may start losing information.
- If the CMOS battery dies, your computer will forget everything after a reboot.
- So, act wisely and change the CMOS battery as soon as possible.
VIRUS ATTACKS ON YOUR PC:
- This is the least annoying scenario because viruses are often difficult to remove from the PC.
- These viruses are hidden on your computer and will cause abrupt actions on your PC.
- So, install well-reputed antivirus software on your PC and perform a full system scan to find out the malware or viruses.
- If your PC already has an antivirus program running, then uninstall it and download genuine antivirus software from the Web.
UPDATE YOUR PC TO ITS LATEST VERSION:
- If you haven’t updated your PC for quite a long time, this will eventually lead to many known and unknown errors on your PC.
- Updates are released mainly to fix bugs on the system.
- So, it is always a good thing to keep the system updated to its latest version.
- Long story short, keep your system and installed software updated.
CHECK FOR THIRD-PARTY CLOCK APPLICATIONS:
- Installation of third-party clock applications on your computer can influence the normal function of your Windows system time.
- So, the better idea is to uninstall the third-party applications and check whether the date and time changing issue is solved on your Windows 11 computer.
MANUALLY CHANGE THE DATE AND TIME:
- As a last and final step, you can manually change the date and time on your Windows 11 computer.
- Open Windows search.
- Type Change the date and time on the search area and click on the appropriate option.
- Turn off the Set Time automatically option.
- Click the Change button for the Set the date and time manually setting.
- Confirm the exact date and time.
- Click the Change button.
- Make use of the toggle switch to turn off the Set time zone automatically option.
- Based on your current location, set the correct time.
- Switch on the Adjust for daylight saving time automatically toggle switch.
- Ensure that your computer is syncing its clock with a valid time server. If not, then this date and time issue will keep irritating you in the future.
So, these are some of the troubleshooting steps through which you can fix the “Windows 11 date and time keeps changing” issue. If you are still facing the problem and wondering how to get rid of this issue, click the Call button present on the page. Our technicians will get in touch with you to provide the best help possible.
All views on this site are made by the best of our knowledge and do not represent any thoughts of other sites. Using this website, you can understand how to setup, use and troubleshoot your product. Also, the services provided by us are limited to customer requests and does not replicate any other businesses.