- Windows 10 S Mode
How To Enable Windows 10 In S Mode Accessory Compatibility?
Windows 10 in S mode is a specific configuration introduced by Microsoft for the Windows 10 OS. It offers productive performance and high quality. Using Windows 10 S mode allows the users to run the apps that have been downloaded from the Microsoft Store alone. Some printers, keyboards, and peripherals might not be compatible with Windows 10 S mode.
The compatibility of your device for Windows 10 S mode can be seen on the support page of your device manufacturer itself. Usually, while connecting a printer to your Windows 10 computer, you would install the printer driver provided by the manufacturer. But when the Window 10 computer is in S mode, you can’t install the manufacturer driver. Instead, you should add the printer to the computer using the Windows built-in drivers. Similarly, you cannot make use of the other utility programs provided by your printer manufacturer.
Benefits Of Using S Mode Windows 10
- You can launch your system faster than before with a boot time of 10 to 15 seconds.
- The battery performance will be increased and your computer’s battery will last longer (your computer can last up to 14.5 hours on a single charge in S mode).
- It offers consistent performance.
- It provides excellent security because the apps running in S mode have been verified by Microsoft Store.
Disadvantages Of Using Windows 10 In S Mode
- You cannot run third-party apps.
- You can only use the Edge browser as the default browser and Bing as the default search engine.
- Certain printers, keyboards, and peripherals may not be compatible with S mode.
Enable Windows 10 S Mode
- Click the Start menu (Windows logo) available at the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- Click the Settings icon in the pop-up menu to open the Settings app.
- Click the System icon from the displayed menus and navigate to the left-side panel to select the About tab.
- Now, you can check the mode of Windows in the Windows Specification section.
- To turn off Windows 10 S mode, open the Settings app again and click on Update & Security.
- Click the Activation tab from the left-side panel and select the Go to the Store option.
- Click the Get button underneath Switch out of S Mode and wait until the Windows 10 in S mode is turned off.