- HP Is Scanner Not Working
Why Is My HP Scanner Not Working?
If your HP scanner not working or stops responding, then don’t worry. On this page, we have explained how to resolve the HP scanner issues.
Reasons For The HP Scanner Issue
There are many reasons for your HP Scanner to stop working or be unresponsive. Some of them are listed below:
- Scanner not connected properly
- The scanner driver is not updated
- Installation of the wrong scanner driver
- Misconfigured scan settings
How To Resolve HP Scanner Not Working?
- First, make sure that your HP printer and the computer are connected firmly.
- If not, connect them and check if the issue is resolved.
- Check if the HP scanner driver has been installed properly.
- If an update is available for your scanner, then update it and check if the issue is resolved.
- If the issue persists, run the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool.
- You have to download the tool and run it on your computer.
- Click the Start button to begin the troubleshooting process.
- Select the HP scanner from the printers list.
- If your printer is not listed, then check if it is turned ON. If your printer is turned OFF, turn it ON.
- Click the Retry button.
- Once your printer is selected, click the Fix Scanning button.
- Now, the troubleshooting process will be initiated.
- Once it is done, check the HP scanner issue is resolved.
- If resolved, perform a test scan.
If you encounter this issue, after upgrading your Windows 7 computer to Windows 10, then run the Hardware and Device Troubleshooter tool and check if the issue is resolved.
Running Hardware And Device Troubleshooter
- Click the Start menu.
- In the search field beside the Start menu, type Troubleshooting.
- Now, a list of suggestions will appear.
- From the list, select the Hardware and sound option.
- Click the Hardware and devices option followed by the Next button.
- Now, the hardware troubleshooting will start.
- Once it is completed, check if the HP scanner not working issue is resolved. If not, contact us.