- WPS Pin Located on HP Printer
Where is the Wps Pin Located on My HP Printer
WPS is the easiest way to connect your printer to a wireless network (router). If you are using this method for the first time, you may get confused with its procedure. Usually, a wireless connection using WPS can be established in two ways. Follow the steps on Where Is The Wps Pin Located On My HP Printer,
The Push method is easy to perform because you just need to press the WPS button on your wireless router and the printer. Whereas, in the PIN method, you need to enter the 8- digit PIN on the router’s settings page manually. If you don’t know where to find the WPS PIN on your HP printer, then you have reached the right page.
You can either find it on the printer’s control panel or use the HP Smart app to find it out.
Let’s see both the methods in detail.
FINDING WPS PIN ON THE PRINTER
- On your HP printer’s control panel, press the Settings or Wireless button.
- Select the Wi-Fi Protected Setup option.
- Follow the on-screen prompts.
- When prompted, tap on the PIN option.
- Now, the WPS PIN of your HP printer will be displayed on the screen, note it down.
- Now, go to your router’s configuration page.
- Enter your HP printer’s WPS PIN in the prompted field.
- Click the OK button.
- Once the WPS PIN setup process has been completed, install the Network printer driver on your computer as given in the next step.
- Go to All Programs and select Printer Setup & Software > Connect a new printer.
FINDING WPS PIN USING THE HP SMART APP
- First, install the HP Smart app on your mobile device.
- Connect your printer to a wireless network.
- Now, connect the mobile device to the same wireless network.
- Launch the HP Smart app.
- Go to the Printer Settings option.
- Tap on the Printer Reports option followed by Network Configuration.
- Now, your printer will print the network configuration.
- You can find the WPS PIN on the Network Configuration page.
That’s it! You have successfully found your HP printer’s WPS PIN.