- Find IP Address on My HP Printer
Where Is The IP address Located On My HP Printer
An IP address is available for almost all printers, and it acts as an identifier that helps your laptop or personal computer to find the printer on a network. You can connect or install the printer to/on your computer using its IP address.
You must need to know about your printer’s IP address to visit its web access page. So, the printer’s IP address is useful in many ways. Do you know your HP printer’s IP address? No? don’t worry. There are many ways that help you to find the IP address of your printer.
This article explains where the IP address is located on your HP printer/how you can find your HP printer’s IP address. Before you begin, ensure that your HP printer’s hardware setup and software installation are completed and the printer installed on the computer.
finding The HP Printer’s IP Address- Five Best And Simple Methods
#1 Printing The Printer’s Configuration Sheet
- The printer’s configuration sheet contains basic information about your printer, including its IP address.
- If your HP printer has buttons on its control panel, print a configuration page by holding the Go and Power buttons simultaneously for ten seconds.
- In some printer models, you can print the configuration sheet from their System menu.
#2 Using The Printer Control Panel
In general, the IP address of the network printer will be available on the printer menu. But, not all HP printers come with the same dashboard design. So, let’s see how to find the IP address in all possible ways.
- First, press Menu, Home, or Setup on your printer’s control panel.
- Navigate to the network setup options or networking and press OK.
- Select TCP/IP, Network Status, IP address, or Wi-Fi status from the network settings menu. Now, you will be able to view the IP address of your network printer.
- Alternatively, you can select Preferences, Wireless Settings, or Options in the menu and find your printer’s IP address.
#3 Using The Printer Properties (windows)
- You can find your HP printer’s address directly from the computer on which you have installed it.
- Go to the Start menu. Click Devices and Printers or Devices > Printers and Scanners.
- Choose your printer model and open its Context menu. Select Printer Properties.
- Choose Manage and then select Printer Properties if you can’t find the Printer Properties option in the printer’s Context menu.
- Click Ports to access your printer network because it usually contains the IP address.
- Alternatively, click on General instead of Ports. You can find your HP printer’s IP address in the Location field.
#4 Using Your Router
- Most routers will help you to find the printer’s IP address from its interface.
- In certain cases, you need to know your HP printer’s MAC address.
- In general, the printer’s MAC address is provided on its sticker or label that you can find on the back side or bottom of it.
- For many Home wireless routers, the options are simple.
- Go to your wireless router’s (to which you have connected your printer) web access page.
- Once you have reached the page, go to the Devices section or list. Here you can find the IP address of your HP printer.
#5 Using the Command Prompt (Windows)
- To begin with, open the Start menu (press Windows) and type “cmd” in the search box that appears. Next, right-click the Command Prompt app from the search results and pick the Run as administrator option.
- In the Command Prompt window, input the command
netstat -rand press the Enter key.
- You can now see your printer’s IP address from the network-connected devices list.
Got The IP Address?
Did you find the IP address of your HP printer using the method discussed on this page? We believe YES! You can reach us if not or if this article doesn’t contain the information that you’re looking for, or if you have queries related to the information provided on this page. Our team will assist you in finding your HP printer’s IP address and clear all your queries related to the same.