- Windows 10 S Mode – Turn Off
What Is Windows 10 S Mode And How Do You Turn It Off
Microsoft introduced the S mode with the Windows 10 operating system in 2017. Windows 10 S mode is an operating system that is developed for better security and high performance.
It has many advantages which are:
- It provides predictable security to the computer by allowing you to install applications only from the Microsoft Store.
- Also, you can download the apps or software from the web only through the Microsoft Edge browser.
- This way, you can know which apps and software are secure.
- The Windows 10 computer in S mode boots faster than the standard Windows 10 operating system.
- A single battery charge lasts longer up to 14.5 hours compared to the standard Windows 10 computer.
- The system performance of Windows 10 S mode computer remains fine for a long time.
- It protects your computer from bugs, malware, viruses, and other online threats.
The S mode also comes with a few drawbacks.
- It does not let you download your favorite third-party apps or programs from any other online platform.
- The Microsoft Edge browser uses Bing as the default search engine, which you can never change.
- Some devices or peripherals are not supported by the Windows 10 S mode computer.
- You cannot turn on the S mode on the Windows 10 computer once you switch out of it.
The following steps will help you to turn off the Windows 10 S Mode.
- Open the Settings window on your computer, select Update & Security > Activation.
- Click Go to the Store on the right panel.
- Select the Get button under Switch out of S Mode.