- WPS Feature In A Printer
What Is The Function Of A WPS Button In A Printer?
You can easily connect a wireless device to a wireless network without the network credentials using the WPS feature. If your wireless printer supports WPS connectivity, then you don’t need the wireless network name and password to connect the printer to Wi-Fi. To know about the function of a WPS button in a printer, refer to the steps below.
Usually, most of the wireless routers have a physical WPS button on its front or rear panel. However, make sure that your wireless router also the WPS button. Anyone within the range of your router can easily get connected to the network easily. Hence, this connection is not secure enough for a home or office network.
The function of the WPS button on the printer allows you to get connected to the network easily. There are two methods to get connected to the network using WPS, namely the Push button method and the WPS PIN method. Consider the procedure that is given below to get connected to the wireless network using the WPS button.
Note: Make sure to configure your Wi-Fi router prior to the setup.
Printer WPS Push
- Press the WPS button on the printer and hold it for at least 3 seconds.
- You can see the wireless LED blinking on the printer when it is ready for connection.
- Simultaneously, press the WPS button on the Wi-Fi router and hold it for a few seconds.
- You can now wait for the printer to connect to the router.
- When the printer gets connected, the wireless LED will stop blinking and remain solid.
Printer WPS PIN
- Print the network configuration sheet on the printer to find the WPS PIN. You can refer to your printer users manual for the steps to print the network configuration page.
- Now, press the printer’s WPS button and hold it for a few seconds. The Wi-Fi LED will start flickering.
- Open the web-based setup page of the router and navigate to the WPS settings page. Enter the printer’s WPS PIN in the appropriate field.
- When the connection is successful, the Wi-Fi LED will remain lit. These are the function of a WPS button in a printer.