- What Hides Under Utilities Folder On Mac
What Hides Under Utilities Folder On Mac
Apple always tries to make its product usage easier. For instance, Apple has attached the Utilities folder inside the Applications folder. In the folder, you will be able to find several built-in tools. You can also see a number of apps that monitor the status of your Mac resource storage. These apps also help in accessing the various diagnostic tools and essential utilities. One example is Disk Utility. In spite of the availability of such useful features, a lot of Mac users are still not aware of the existence of these significant applications. Many users who have recently got Mac are seeking a clear explanation of the folder known as “Utilities.” Many users who have tried to delete this folder have met with failure. This is because Apple has established various measures that prevent the loss of its tools because of users’ mistakes. The Utilities folder on your Mac contains several built-in tools that have been specially designed to help computer owners resolve their problems. These built-in tools also assist users in accessing the functionality of the Mac operating system. Below instructions helps to know what hides under utilities folder on Mac
As our topic indicates, let us see the names of the components that hide under the Utilities folder on your Mac.
The list of apps that you can find within the Utilities folder is provided here:
- Activity Monitor
- AirPort Utility
- Audio MIDI Setup
- ColorSync Utility
- Disk Utility
- Keychain Access
- Bluetooth File Exchange
- Bootcamp Assistant
- Digital Color Meter
- Migration Assistant
This is not the end of the list! There are a few more tools inside the Utilities folder. But the ones that are listed above are considered to be the most important to know what hides under utilities folder on Mac.
Within the Activity Monitor, you can study the following:
- Processors (CPU)
- Memory (RAM)
- Disk (HDD/SSD)
- Energy Load
- Inside the Activity Monitor, you will also see some basic information such as data about every process, the commitment of each of the resources, and the user that launched the process. When you face any problem with your Mac computer, you can refer to this information.
- Apart from the above, analyzing the processes and the commitment of resources will immensely help in diagnosing the issue.
- The Energy tab might aid in increasing the battery uptime. This task can be achieved by the termination of particular processes that utilize the most energy.
AirPort Utility has been developed to manage and maintain Apple routers. In case you have an Apple router, you can make use of the Airport Utility to perform the following functions:
- Setting up your Apple router
- Changing the name of the router
- Managing the network
- Managing storage in TimeCapsule
Note: If you do not have an Apple router, you can skip the Airport Utility app.
Audio MIDI Setup:
MIDI is nothing but Musical Instrument Digital Interface. It is a protocol that is used to connect your electrical musical instruments to your Mac computers. Using this application, you will be able to control the input and output parameters for each instrument.
Bluetooth File Exchange:
You can utilize this app to share files through Bluetooth. If you wish to share files from your Mac to any other device, you have to ensure that the device has an activated Bluetooth service. You should also make sure that the device has the capability to receive the files from Mac.
To share your Mac files with any other device, please make use of the steps given here:
- On your Mac computer, launch the Bluetooth File Exchange app.
- Choose the file that you wish to share and then click on the Send button.
- From the list of all the detected devices on your Mac, select the one to which you have to send the file.
- Click on the Send button once more.
The above method involves to know what hides under utilities folder on Mac some of the easiest steps in sharing your files without using any external storage device.
Disk Utility is considered to be the most important tool inside the Utilities folder because it is an essential tool used in managing all the drives that are connected to your Mac to know what hides under utilities folder on Mac. This includes the internal hard disk too.
Using this app, you can perform the following functions:
- Reformat your disks
- Create disk images
- Create partition drives
- The First Aid feature within Disk Utility helps in repairing your drives. It is considered to be a diagnostic feature and also one of the most frequently-used ones.
- You can make use of First Aid when you come across issues related to your startup disk or other drives.
Important Note: In case you are not familiar with the other functions within Disk Utility, please avoid using them. If the situation requires using any of those functions, you must first create a backup of all your data before you start using them. This step has to be taken to prevent any data loss.
You have finally seen what hides under utilities folder on Mac!