- Setup Western Digital My Cloud 3TB
How To Perform The Western Digital My Cloud 3TB Setup?
Western Digital My Cloud is an easy-to-use cloud storage device. When it is directly connected to a router, you can access your data from anywhere. This page shows how to perform the Western Digital My Cloud 3TB setup in a step-by-step method.
What’s in the box
- WD My Cloud storage drive.
- Ethernet cable.
- AC Power Adapter.
- Quick Install Guide.
- Open the box and take all the box contents out of the box.
- Unpack WD My Cloud from the package.
- Connect an end of the Ethernet cable to the WD Ethernet port and the other end to the router Ethernet port.
- Connect the given power adapter to WD My Cloud hard and the other end to the electrical outlet.
Setting up the WD My Cloud device
- Open the default browser and go to the official WD login page.
- Enter the login credentials and click Login. The login credentials are mentioned at the backside of the WD My Cloud device.
- On the next page, click the Choose your language drop-down box and select English.
- Click the check box to agree on the license agreement and click Continue.
- On the Getting Started screen, enter a new password in both the text fields and click Next.
- Enter your first name, last name, and email address.
- Click Save.
Set up WD My Cloud App on a mobile device
- Open the Google Play Store app on an Android mobile.
- Locate and install the WD My Cloud app.
- Open Settings > Wi-Fi Settings and tap the toggle button to ON the Wi-Fi.
- Tap the Wi-Fi icon on the notification screen, tap the Western Digital SSID from the available list, and enter the password.
- The password is printed on the Quick Install Guide and also printed on My Cloud’s backside sticker.
- Open the My Cloud app, read the agreement carefully, and tap Agree in the WD My Cloud Welcome screen.
- Carry out the on-screen instructions to complete the setup process on the Android mobile.
- Once the setup is complete, you can access the data from WD My Cloud drive on your Android mobile.
Finally, the Western Digital My Cloud 3TB setup is completed successfully.