- Western Digital My Book Drivers?
Western Digital My Book Drivers?
The Western Digital My Book drive is designed for desktops. This drive is equipped with drivers like WD Backup, WD Security, and WD Drive utilities. These drivers can be managed using the WD Discovery tool. It is quite easy to set up and use. The below section covers the WD My Book drivers and the simple steps to install them on your computer.
- Make sure that your Windows or Mac computer is turned on.
- Now, connect your WD My Book drive to the computer.
- Wait for your computer to detect the drive.
- Once it is done, the drivers available for the WD My Book drive will be installed.
- To perform the software installation manually, refer to the “software installation” section.
- Connect your computer to the Internet if it is not connected.
- Now, open the drive folder and double-click on the WD Discovery.exe or WD Discovery.dmg file to begin the software installation on your computer.
- In the initial window of the installer, click on the Install Now button.
- Now, the WD Discovery application installation will be initiated on your computer.
- Once it is done, you can see the list of WD devices connected to your computer.
- You can also view the available volume of the connected drive on the same screen.
- If you wish to use the WD Backup, WD Drive Utilities, and WD Security applications on your computer, then go to the Apps tab in the WD Discovery software.
- Similarly, if you wish to use third-party applications for the WD My Book drive, click on the AVAILABLE APPS option.
- From the list of apps, choose the one that you wish to use.
- Once the driver is installed, your drive is ready to use.
To know more about the WD My Book drivers, contact us.
All views on this site are made by the best of our knowledge and do not represent any thoughts of other sites. Using this website, you can understand how to setup, use and troubleshoot your product. Also, the services provided by us are limited to customer requests and does not replicate any other businesses.