- WD 1tb External Hard Drive
Western Digital 1tb External Hard Drive
Being one of the leading external hard drive manufacturers, Western Digital brings you the handiest 1TB external hard drive to store or back up all your personal data. There are several 1TB hard drive models manufactured by WD. Here, we discuss how to set up a new WD external hard drive in Windows 10 and Western Digital 1tb External Hard Drive.
Connecting the hard drive:
- Power on your computer.
- Make sure that you have a standard USB cable handy.
- Connect your WD external hard drive to your computer using the USB cable.
- Check if your external hard drive is detected by your computer.
- If the Found New Hardware screen appears, click the Cancel button and proceed to install the WD software.
Let’s kickstart the WD Software:
- Open File Explorer by pressing the Windows + E shortcut keys.
- Locate the WD drive in the file management utility.
- Give a double-click on the WD Apps Setup file. This will start the setup wizard.
- On the Welcome to the WD Software Installer screen, you can see the following utilities that are going to be downloaded on your computer.
- WD Backup
- WD Security
- WD Drive Utilities
- Click Next and choose any one of the following installation types to complete the Western Digital 1TB external hard drive setup.
- Recommended Install
- Custom Install
- Tick the I agree to the terms of the Western Digital End User License Agreement checkbox and click Next.
- Wait until the installation is completed.
- Once the desktop shortcut icon for each installed application is added, click Next.
- If you wish to back up files to your hard drive, click the Back up files with WD Backup button on the Installation Complete screen.
- To secure your hard drive, click the Set security with WD Security button and set up a password.
- To register your drive, click the Manage your drive with WD Drive Utilities button.
- At last, click the Finish button to close the setup wizard.
You have now completed the Western Digital 1TB external hard drive setup. In case you are stuck during the hard drive setup, contact our technical experts for assistance in resolving it.
All views on this site are made by the best of our knowledge and do not represent any thoughts of other sites. Using this website, you can understand how to setup, use and troubleshoot your product. Also, the services provided by us are limited to customer requests and does not replicate any other businesses.