- Power Led Light Flashing Blue On WD
Why My WD Power Led Light Flashing Blue?
Is your WD power led light flashing blue? If yes, you cannot access the device from your computer temporarily. This may occur when the system is restored, the system is rebooted, or there is an abrupt loss of power on your WD device. Keep reading the instructions below to know how to resolve this problem.
Solution 1: Reboot your WD device
- On your WD device, press and hold the Power button until the unit shuts down.
- Once the device turns off, disconnect the power cord from the power source.
- Wait for at least a minute and then reconnect the power cord to the power source.
- Turn on your WD device by pressing the Power button.
- Wait until the power LED stops blinking.
- It may take at least 30 seconds for the device to become idle.
- If your device’s power LED light is flashing blue continuously, try the next solution.
Solution 2: Format the WD device
- Connect your WD device to your Windows computer.
- Close all the running apps on your computer and then double-click the My Computer or This PC shortcut icon on the desktop. This will launch the File Explorer.
- Right-click your WD hard drive volume and select the Format option.
- In the Format window, select the Quick Format checkbox below Format options.
- Click the Start button to start formatting your WD device.
- After you finish formatting the WD device, click the OK button and then select Close.
- If you want the files previously saved on your WD device, run a standard data recovery software.
- Next, restart your WD device and check if the power LED light is flashing blue.
If still WD power led light flashing blue, click the Call button on this page and contact us to get your WD device issue fixed.
All views on this site are made by the best of our knowledge and do not represent any thoughts of other sites. Using this website, you can understand how to setup, use and troubleshoot your product. Also, the services provided by us are limited to customer requests and does not replicate any other businesses.