- Photo Recovery Using WD
How To Use WD Photo Recovery?
Western Digital hasn’t yet launched any data recovery software to recover files from the hard drive. But you can use third-party data recovery software to recover all your lost files. If you have created a backup using WD Backup installed on your computer, there are chances you can restore the deleted photos. For detailed instructions about the WD photo recovery, continue reading the steps given below.
Recovering photos from WD Backup
- Start by connecting your WD hard drive to your computer.
- Launch the WD Backup software and click the Restore tab.
- Choose your WD hard drive and click Next.
- Select where do you want to restore the files and click the Select Files to Restore button.
- Choose the photos you wish to recover and click the Restore button.
- Once the restoration is complete, click the Close button.
Photo recovery using third-party data recovery software
- First, download a trusted data recovery software from the Internet.
- Once the download is completed, connect your WD hard drive to your computer using a standard USB cable.
- Launch the downloaded data recovery software.
- If the device prompts for User Account Control, click the Yes button.
- In the data recovery software, choose your WD hard drive as the location to recover photos.
- Select images/photos as the file types to make the recovery process easier.
- Click the Scan button to scan your drive.
- Once the scan is complete, you can preview the images stored on your hard drive, including the deleted images.
- Select the photos you wish to recover and click the Recover button.
- Specify the location on your computer to store the files.
- Click Save and initiate the recovery.
You have now seen the simple procedure for WD photo recovery from the hard drive.
All views on this site are made by the best of our knowledge and do not represent any thoughts of other sites. Using this website, you can understand how to setup, use and troubleshoot your product. Also, the services provided by us are limited to customer requests and does not replicate any other businesses.