- WD Passport Install Issue On Windows
Why My WD Passport Won’t Install On My Windows Laptop?
WD My Passport is one of the portable drives that allows you to store and manage all your data, including photos, videos, and documents in one single place. It comes with some great features like 3.0 connectivity, cloud & local backup, password protection, and more. The WD My Passport drive comes with software such as WD Security, WD Backup, and WD Drive Utilities. This portable drive is compatible with Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 operating systems and macOS Mavericks, Yosemite, El Capitan, and Sierra. To know why your WD passport won’t install on my windows laptop, refer below
Installing this drive is quite a simple and easy task to perform. In case the WD My Passport installation fails or if you encounter an issue while installing the drive on your Windows laptop, then perform the quick troubleshooting instructions given below to resolve it.
Basically, if the drive or drive software is not compatible with your OS, then there is a chance for an installation issue to occur. So, before you install the WD My Passport drive on your Windows laptop, or if you encounter an issue while installing the drive, check whether your Windows OS satisfies the system requirements of the drive.
If not, try to install the drive on the Windows laptop that meets the system requirements of the drive. Make sure that you have signed into your Windows laptop with the admin rights.
Check the connectivity
Sometimes, an unstable connection may also lead to the installation issue. Check whether the USB cable is connected securely at both ends (laptop and drive). If not, unplug and reconnect the cable securely.
Connect the laptop to a stable internet connection
- After connecting the drive to your laptop, you have to run the drive software such as WD Backup, WD Security, or WD Utility to complete the WD My Passport drive installation.
- To install the WD drive software, your laptop should be connected to a stable Internet connection.
- Poor or unstable Internet connection may also lead to installation failure.
Use Fix It Tool
- The WD My Passport installation failure occurs if a corrupted registry file is stored on your Windows laptop.
- To detect and remove it, use the Fix It tool.
- Download the tool from Microsoft’s official page.
- Run the tool to clear the corrupted registry file.
After clearing the registry file, try to install WD My Passport on your Windows laptop.
Disable the third-party security software
- Check whether the third-party security software installed on your laptop is blocking the WD My Passport drive installation.
- If yes, disable it temporarily or uninstall it permanently and then try to install the WD My Passport drive on your laptop.
If the WD passport won’t install on my windows laptop even after performing the above methods, click Call us to get remote assistance in resolving it.