- Mac WD NTFS Driver Formatting
How To Format WD NTFS Driver For Mac?
Western Digital’s internal and external hard drives are designed to satisfy all your data storage needs. These hard drives work with both the Windows and Mac operating systems. This page covers how to format WD NTFS driver for Mac.
Most of the WD drives come formatted in NTFS for Windows and HFS+ for Mac. The macOS devices support the following file formats, HFS+, FAT32, exFAT, and NTFS (read-only), and the Windows OS supports NTFS, exFAT, and FAT. If you check this file format compatibility list, you can find that both Windows and Mac support the FAT and exFAT file formats. So, to read and write the WD drives like My Passport on your Mac computer, you have to format it. The below section explains how to format the WD drive for Mac.
If you wish to format the drive to NTFS, then for your attention, there is no WD NTFS driver for Mac offered by the manufacturer. However, you can find some third-party sites offering the WD NTFS driver for Mac. If you’re interested, you can download the NTFS driver from the third-party site and install it on your Mac computer. But, there is no 100% assurance that it works properly and is safe to use.
If you wish to format the WD drive for Mac, then scroll down this page to know how to perform it.
Formatting the WD drive for Mac in the Windows Platform
- Initially, connect your WD drive to the Windows computer.
- Open File Explorer.
- Now, select and right-click on the WD drive that is connected to your computer.
- Choose the Format option.
- On the Format dialog box, select the File system option of your desire from the drop-down menu and click Start.
- Now, the format process will be initiated on your Windows computer.
Formatting the WD drive for Mac in the macOS platform
- Launch the Disk Utility window.
- Make sure that the connected WD drive is detected.
- Now, select the drive and click on the Erase button.
- Type the drive name of your desire and select the Format and Scheme options from the drop-down menu.
- Click Erase to initiate the format process.
Once the drive is formatted successfully, you can use it on your Mac computer as per your needs.
To know more about the format WD NTFS driver for Mac, contact us.
All views on this site are made by the best of our knowledge and do not represent any thoughts of other sites. Using this website, you can understand how to setup, use and troubleshoot your product. Also, the services provided by us are limited to customer requests and does not replicate any other businesses.