- Wd My Passport Wireless Pro Setup?
Wd My Passport Wireless Pro Setup?
WD My Passport Wireless Pro is a portable external hard drive that enables you to save all your digital memories in one place. It comes with various storage options; you can choose one according to your requirements. If you want to know your WD My Passport Wireless Pro hard drive setup, continue to read the following sections.
- Unpack the product box and take out everything you received.
- Your package includes the My Passport Wireless Pro SSD storage device, USB cable, USB AC power adapter, quick install guide, and a shock-resistant bumper.’
- Make sure that you have received all the kit contents without any damage.
Charge your SSD
- It is always recommended to charge the battery before using your My Passport Wireless Pro, as the factory charge may have drained while shipping.
- Connect the power cord to the drive’s USB port and the adapter; plug the adapter into an electrical outlet.
- All the LED lights will turn solid blue when the drive is fully charged.
Turn on your SSD
- Press the Power button until the Power and Battery status LED starts to flash.
- When the Wi-Fi LED turns solid blue, you can start using your hard drive.
Start setting up the drive
You can either set up your drive using your computer and web browser or the WD My Cloud application on your smartphone.
Using the computer and browser
- Before you start, verify that your computer is wireless enabled.
- On your Windows computer, click the network symbol in the notification area.
- From the list of networks, choose My Passport and enter the default password of your WD My Passport Wireless Pro SSD; you can find it on top of your SSD.
- Launch a browser on your computer and type the URL of the WD My Passport device support page in the address bar.
- On the Getting Started screen, check the box next to I agree to the License Agreement and click on the I Accept button after reading the agreement.
- On the Automatic Import Media screen, choose your preferred option. If you want your SSD to copy the contents of your SD card automatically, toggle the SD card switch ON. Similarly, if you wish your SSD to copy the contents of your USB device when it is plugged into your computer, toggle the USB Device switch ON; then, click on the Next button.
- When the Enhance Your WD Experience screen appears, toggle on the switch next to Auto Update Firmware.
- When you complete the setup of your My Passport Wireless Pro SSD, click Finish.
- When the dashboard of WD My Passport SSD displays, you can use your hard drive.
Using the WD My Cloud app
- You can set up your WD My Passport Wireless SSD from your smartphones using the WD My Cloud application. For your Android and Apple phones, download the WD My Cloud app from the Play Store and App Store, respectively.
- Turn on the Wi-Fi connection on your smartphone and connect to the network titled My Passport.
- Open the My Cloud application and agree to the license agreement, and it will show you the WD My Cloud Welcome screen.
- Tap on the My Passport Wireless icon and start using your WD My Passport Wireless Pro SSD.
In this manner, you can set up your WD My Passport SSD.
All views on this site are made by the best of our knowledge and do not represent any thoughts of other sites. Using this website, you can understand how to setup, use and troubleshoot your product. Also, the services provided by us are limited to customer requests and does not replicate any other businesses.