- WD My Passport Wireless Pro Firmware Update
How To Update WD My Passport Wireless Pro Firmware?
Are you totally annoyed by the extra baggage you are going to carry to save all the videos and photos? The best solution for your question is the Western Digital My Passport wireless external hard drive. You can level up your weekend by traveling light. The external hard drive will allow you to transfer, edit, and stream data all in one single go.The external hard drive comes with an inbuilt reader to easily transfer and backup HP photos and videos to your laptop. The USB 3.0 interface ensures a speedy data transfer from other USB devices like your DSLR camera, for example. As the name suggests, the device has inbuilt Wi-Fi to connect to different devices at once to stream various content on your devices. It is mostly used by photographers and filmmakers to offload huge files from the laptop or camera easily. It helps you to streamline your workflow. Now, the best way to have the Western Digital My Passport Wireless Pro updated at all times is to have the latest version of the firmware. Updated firmware will control the functions like the updates for drivers and notifies the users to download when the Western Digital My Passport Wireless Pro hard drive is registered. First things first, you must register the hard drive to get a firmware update. Follow the steps below update WD My Passport wireless pro firmware.
How To Register?
- Make sure the WD hard drive is connected to your computer.
- Open the default browser on your computer.
- Enter the WD support page URL in the address bar and press the Enter button.
- Click the Product Support tab on the left side of the page.
- Select the WD My Passport Wireless Pro device.
- Once the device page opens, locate and click the Register your product link.
- The product registration page will open.
- Fill in the necessary information in the fields as shown on the page.
- Click the checkbox option to verify.
- Click SUBMIT.
- Go back to the product page.
- Locate and click the Downloads tab.
- Scroll down and click to expand the SOFTWARE FOR GPL/FIRMWARE link.
- Click the DOWNLOAD button.
Or, you can also check for automatic firmware update.
- Ensure that the WD My Passport Wireless Pro device is connected to your wireless network (the same as your computer).
- Open the browser and enter 192.168.60.1 (Windows), then press the Enter button.
- Navigate to the Firmware section.
- Click the Check for Update button to automatically check for updates.
Follow the product registration steps and then the carry out the procedure to update WD My Passport wireless pro firmware.
All views on this site are made by the best of our knowledge and do not represent any thoughts of other sites. Using this website, you can understand how to setup, use and troubleshoot your product. Also, the services provided by us are limited to customer requests and does not replicate any other businesses.