- How To Replace Battery On WD My Passport Wireless Pro?
Wd My Passport Wireless Pro Battery Replacement?
Western Digital My Passport Wireless Pro is a reliable, portable external storage drive that is designed to share and store your data securely. By connecting this external storage drive to your wireless network, you can access the data stored on it from anywhere and at any time. It is a great choice for photographers and videographers who often want to edit and stream their content. This portable drive comes with a built-in battery that provides up to 10 hours of continuous use. Let’s see how to do the WD My Passport wireless pro battery replacement.
The key features of this portable drive are:
- Built-in 802.11ac Wi-Fi technology
- Lightweight drive
- Allows you to charge your smartphone, DSLR camera and other USB devices via a USB cable
- Import data
- Wirelessly organize, edit and share media
- Adobe Creative Cloud connected and more
Continue reading this page to know about the battery replacement.” Normally, when you use the drive continuously for too long, there is a chance for its battery to get damaged, become weak, or stop working properly.
However, some battery problems can also be fixed.
- For example, if you find the WD Passport drive’s battery is not charging, first, check whether the USB cable’s connected securely at the ends. If not, unplug and reconnect the cable. Avoid using an external adapter for connectivity.
- If the reconnection process doesn’t fix the issue, disconnect the drive and remove the SD cards from it. Access the My Passport Wireless Pro Dashboard and click the Media tab. Choose your drive and check whether Plex or DNLA Media Server is enabled for it. If not, enable it.
- Similarly, if you find the drive’s battery is bloated or swelling, first, disconnect it from your computer (if connected). After doing it, replace the bloated battery with a new one (if your drive’s battery is a removable one).
- But if your drive battery is a non-removable type, you can’t perform the replacement process.
- The WD My Passport Wireless Pro drive battery is also a non-removable one. So, if you find this drive battery is damaged or bloated, then back up the data stored on it (if possible) and store them to a new device.
To know more about the “WD My Passport Wireless Pro battery replacement,” contact us.
All views on this site are made by the best of our knowledge and do not represent any thoughts of other sites. Using this website, you can understand how to setup, use and troubleshoot your product. Also, the services provided by us are limited to customer requests and does not replicate any other businesses.