- Wd My Passport Problems
Fixed: Wd My Passport Problems
Usually, WD My Passport works fine without giving you any trouble. In many instances, the problem with WD My Passport hard drive would be either a drive detection issue or a device driver issue. However, you can quickly sort them out by carefully performing the troubleshooting methods given below.
USB Cable and USB port
- In the first place, check your USB cable and the USB port of your computer. Insert the USB cable to a different port on your computer and check whether your computer can detect the hard drive. If it is working, the problem is with the USB port you were using earlier.
- Despite inserting the USB cable into a different port, if your computer could not detect the hard drive, the problem might be with the USB cable.
- Connect your computer and the hard drive using a different USB cable and check whether you have fixed the drive detection issue. If not, move ahead to the next section.
Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
- On your computer, click the Start button and type troubleshoot in the search area. You will be taken to the troubleshoot computer problems window.
- In the left pane, click on the View all option, then select Hardware and Devices from the list.
- Click Next to start the troubleshooting. Now, it starts to detect the problems and will give you a solution.
- In most cases, the Hardware and Devices troubleshooting could resolve issues related to the hard drives and device drivers.
Change the hard drive’s drive path
- Go to the desktop screen, right-click on the My Computer icon and select Manage.
- The Computer Management window will be displayed. In the left pane, choose Disk Management.
- In the Disk Management window, right-click the WD My Passport hard drive and select Change Drive Letter and Paths.
- Assign a different letter for your hard drive and click on the Change button.
- Restart your computer and check whether you have resolved the WD drive issue. If not, move ahead to the next step.
Update the driver
- When your hard drive is not up to date, problems start to emerge now and then. So, update the driver for your WD My Passport hard drive.
- On your computer, click Start and go to the Device Manager.
- Right-click on the device with the yellow exclamation mark and select Properties.
- Go to the Details tab. In the Property field, select the Hardware Ids from the drop-down.
- Now a list of values will be displayed; copy the first one and paste it in the search area of your default browser.
- It will guide you to download the correct driver.
- Install it on your computer and restart your computer.
- Now check whether you have resolved your problems related to your WD My Passport hard drive. If you cannot fix the issue yet, you can reach out to us.
All views on this site are made by the best of our knowledge and do not represent any thoughts of other sites. Using this website, you can understand how to setup, use and troubleshoot your product. Also, the services provided by us are limited to customer requests and does not replicate any other businesses.