- WD My Passport drive Not Showing Up On Mac
WD My Passport Not Showing Up On Mac
Is your WD My Passport Not Showing Up On Mac? Then you need to troubleshoot both the WD device and the Mac computer to fix the issue. To fix the WD My Passport connection issue with your Mac computer, follow the below-mentioned troubleshooting methods.
- Make sure that you have connected the WD My Passport drive to the Mac computer using a standard USB cable.
- Verify the connection between them.
- On your Mac, click the Finder menu at the top of the screen.
- Select the Preferences option from the drop-down menu.
- In the Finder Preferences window, click the General tab and verify whether you have selected the “External disks” checkbox under the Show these items on the desktop section.
- Go to the Sidebar tab and enable the “External disks” checkbox.
- Now, check if you could access the My Passport external disk on your Mac.
- Connect your external disk to the Mac computer first.
- On your Mac, go to the Applications folder and click the “Utilities” icon.
- Next, open the Disk Utility app from the “Utilities” window.
- In the Disk Utility window, navigate to the left-side panel and click the Show All Devices button under the View section.
- Choose the WD My Passport drive from the left-side panel and click the Mount button.
- It will immediately force the external disk to show up on your Mac.
- If your WD My Passport drive is recognized by your Mac but does not show up in the Disk Utility window, choose your drive from the left-side panel and click the First Aid button.
- If prompted, click the Run button to repair your hard drive using the Disk Utility.
- After completing the repair, click the Done button. If this method doesn’t fix WD My Passport Not Showing Up On Mac issue, proceed to solution 3.
- This method is applicable if the Mac Disk Utility recognizes your external disk.
- On your Mac, open the Spotlight search by pressing the Command + Spacebar shortcut keys.
- Type “disk utility” in the search bar and hit the Enter key.
- In the Disk Utility window, choose the WD Passport drive from the left-side panel.
- Specify a name for your drive and choose the drive format from the Format section.
- Next, click the Erase button to format the WD My Passport disk.
- After formatting the external disk, check if you could access it for storing the data.
- Now we have seen how to fix WD My Passport Not Showing Up On Mac issue.