- How To Setup WD My Passport Go 1TB?
How To Do The WD My Passport Go 1TB Setup?
Even though most computers and laptops have sufficient storage space in the form of an internal drive, it still can’t stop your system from running out of memory. If you have any sensitive data on your computer, such as business records and other vital data, backing up the data to another drive is always recommended for security and record retention. Besides this, the WD Drive Utility software gives you the flexibility to configure, manage, and diagnose your WD My Passport Go hard drive. This drive’s setup process is pretty much straightforward, and you can do it by yourself. So, follow the below steps to perform the WD My Passport Go 1TB setup.
Inside The Box:
- My passport Go Portable storage device with built-in USB 3.0 Type-A cable.
- WD Discovery software (includes WD Backup and WD Drive Utilities).
- Quick Installation Guide.
Note: It is always recommended to register your WD My Passport Go hard drive on the official website to receive the latest updates and special offers.
Connecting The Drive To Your Pc:
- Connect your PC to a reliable power supply and turn it on.
- Connect the WD My Passport Go hard drive’s USB 3.0 Type-A cable to the PC’s USB port.
- Check whether the hard drive appears on your computer’s File Management window.
- If the Found New Hardware dialog box appears on your screen, click Cancel to close it.
- Visit the official WD website to download the hard drive software on your PC.
- If you are a Windows user, run the WD Discovery.exe file to install the WD software.
- In case you’re a Mac user, open WD Discovery for Mac.dmg to install the WD software to modify the drive settings.
NOTE: The My passport Go drive is formatted as a single exFAT partition, which is pretty much compatible with the latest versions of Windows and Mac operating systems. To use the Time Machine functionality on Mac OS X, you need to reformat the drive to a Single HFS+J partition.
Hard Drive Partitioning:
- Once you have finished the initial setup, partition the hard drive according to your needs.
- You need to assign a letter for your hard drive and click Next.
- You can also assign a name for your hard drive in the volume label menu.
- Now, click Finish and you will find your hard drive name in the File Explorer window.
- Now, you can back up all the data to your WD My Passport Go 1TB hard drive.
As said before, you can easily set up the hard drive by yourself. If you find any difficulty during the WD My Passport Go 1TB setup process, our team is ready to provide full assistance. So do call us.
All views on this site are made by the best of our knowledge and do not represent any thoughts of other sites. Using this website, you can understand how to setup, use and troubleshoot your product. Also, the services provided by us are limited to customer requests and does not replicate any other businesses.