- Wd My Passport
How To Get Wd My Passport For Mac?
- Western Digital Wd my passport for Mac is a trusted and portable external storage device available for Windows and Mac computers. This device comes with a high storage capacity ranging from 2 TB to 5 TB.
- Using the My Passport device, you can store, organize, and share all your information.
- The best thing about this drive is that it perfectly pairs with your Mac’s Time Machine backup utility. You can also enable password protection for this storage drive on your Mac device.
- The WD My Passport hard drive is compatible with the Mac versions of macOS 10.13 and above.
- The product box includes components such as WD My Passport portable hard drive, USB-C to USB Micro-B cable, USB-A to USB Micro-B cable, WD Discovery software CD, and Quick install guide.
Other features available on this hard drive are discussed below.
- Genius compatible: After getting Wd my passport for Mac you can start using this storage drive straight out of the box. The file transfer process is easy. You have to just select and drag the files to the drive.
- Locked Down
- Easy Save
- Plays Nicely
- Social Friendly
To know how to use the WD My Passport hard drive with your Mac computer’s Time Machine utility and store files on it, go through the instructions given below.
- First of all, you need to format the drive so that it is compatible with Mac.
- To do it, connect your Wd my passport for Mac drive to the Mac computer using the cable provided with the package.
- Now, click the Finder icon.
- Select the Applications option followed by Utilities.
- Click the Disk Utility option.
- Now, search and select the drive under the external hard drives section.
- Click the Erase tab.
- Select the Mac OS Extended option from the Volume Format drop-down menu.
- Again, click the Erase button.
Note: Before formatting the drive, check if you have saved any information on it.
If yes, take a backup of it since, during the format process, all data stored on your drive will be erased.
Use the My Passport drive with Time Machine:
- As soon as you format the My Passport drive, you can find its icon displayed in the Taskbar.
- You will also receive a prompt message Use Drive with Time Machine.
- If you don’t receive this message, launch the Time Machine application manually and click the Use as Backup Disk option.
- Follow the instructions displayed on your Mac computer to complete the Wd my passport for Mac process.
Store files on your WD My Passport drive:
- Open the My Passport folder by double-clicking its icon.
- Copy the files and folders you wish to store on the WD drive.
- On the WD drive window, right-click on the blank screen of the folder and select Paste.
- Now, all selected files are stored on your WD My Passport drive.
- You can also select and drag the files into the Wd my passport for Mac to store data on it.