- WD My Cloud Time Backup Failed
Fix: WD My Cloud Time Machine Backup Failed
WD My Cloud hard drives are one of the best external devices to come under the Western Digital brand. The brand has ensured that the My Cloud stays its best device up to date with a wide array of in-built features.
Now, there are WD My Cloud devices that are specially made for Mac computers and thus support the Time Machine backup application. The Time Machine is an in-built backup application that helps to keep an up-to-date copy of all the WD My Cloud Time Machine Backup Failed information you have on your Mac computer. It makes life easier, as you can recover your data easily.
However, there can be certain scenarios where the WD My Cloud Time Machine backup fails to perform and you might not know what causes the issue.
SOME OCCURRENCES ARE:
- File errors
- Bad network connection
- Less storage space
COMMON STEPS TO LOOK AT:
- Make sure that the files you are backing up are not corrupted in any way.
- Ensure that there is enough space left inside the WD My Cloud hard drive for the Time Machine backup to happen.
- Check if your computer is connected to the internet (mandatory for backup).
Let us now go ahead and make sure you do not face the problem anymore. Follow the steps to fix the WD My Cloud Time Machine Backup Failed problem.
METHOD 1: PERFORM A NETWORK RESET
In this scenario, as suggested, a bad network connection can be the reason behind the problem. So, the best possible way is to reset the network at all costs.
- Open the Settings window (Windows key + I).
- When you see the Settings window, locate and click the Network & Internet option.
- A new window will open. Scroll down and select the Network Reset option under Change your network settings.
- Follow the commands on the screen and wait for the reset process to complete.
- Restart your computer and then perform a Time Machine backup on the WD hard drive. It is bound to work.
METHOD 2: FORMAT THE WD MY CLOUD HARD DRIVE
If the network reset does not fix the WD My Cloud Time Machine Backup Failed issue for you, you can format the hard drive if needed. It will be the best way to use the hard drive from scratch. Here are the steps.
- Make sure that the WD My Cloud hard drive is connected to your Mac computer.
- In the Finder window, select Applications > Utilities > Disk Utility.
- On the left pane, select the hard drive from the External section.
- Click the Erase icon on the top of the window.
- Rename your hard drive and click the Erase button.
Make sure that you follow the above-mentioned methods to solve the WD My Cloud Time Machine Backup Failed issue. You can always click on the CALL button on this page to get more assistance from our Tech team.