- How To Setup WD My Cloud?
How To Do The WD My Cloud Setup?
WD My Cloud is a personal storage device used to store all your digital content. It can quickly transfer files between your cloud accounts using WD My Cloud’s mobile app. The setup procedure is quite easy. Here, in this article, we’ll be discussing the WD My Cloud setup.
Getting started with WD My Cloud:
To begin the WD My Cloud device setup procedure, ensure that you meet the requirements. Let us start with the unpacking process.
- Open the product box and check all the components present in it. The components that need to be checked are:
- The WD My Cloud personal storage device
- Ethernet cable
- Power adapter
- Remove all the packaging contents present in it along with the personal storage device.
Connecting the storage device to a network:
- Using the supplied Ethernet cable, you can now start connecting your device to a network.
- At first, connect one end of the Ethernet cable to the router’s LAN port.
- Now, connect the other end to the Ethernet port located at the back of your device.
- Start connecting the power adapter to your device’s power socket located at the back.
- Plug the other end of the power adapter into an electrical outlet.
- The power LED turns into a solid blue. If the LED blinks in blue, your device is now ready to use.
Let us now configure the device through the online setup software.
Getting started with the online setup software:
- Using a web browser, navigate to the My Cloud setup page.
- On the welcome page of My Cloud, click the Get Started button.
- Now, your WD My Cloud device appears on the screen with its IP and MAC addresses.
- The WD My Cloud access screen appears now.
- On the access screen, you can start typing the essential information for creating an account.
Filling the information:
- Enter the user name and also assign a name for your device.
- Type the email address.
- You can also enable the checkboxes on the access screen.
- After completing, click the Next button.
- The email message will be sent. Now, go to your email account and then open the My Cloud email message.
- Create a strong password for your My Cloud account by following the instructions.
After creating the password, you’ll be directed to the sign-in page.
- You can now start signing in to your My Cloud account with the password created.
- Now, start downloading the WD Sync software to sync your folders with your WD My Cloud device.
Now, you’ve seen the WD My Cloud setup. You can now start sharing your digital content, such as documents, music, and videos, to your WD My Cloud device.
All views on this site are made by the best of our knowledge and do not represent any thoughts of other sites. Using this website, you can understand how to setup, use and troubleshoot your product. Also, the services provided by us are limited to customer requests and does not replicate any other businesses.