- Remote Access On WD My Cloud
WD My Cloud Remote Access
WD My Cloud is a network-based personal cloud storage device that can be connected directly to your Wi-Fi router. This cloud device can also be connected to your computer using an Ethernet cable. But it can’t be used as an external USB hard drive. The below section covers the following topic “WD My Cloud Remote access.” The best thing about the WD My Cloud device is that you can access it remotely. To do so, enable the Cloud Access feature on your Cloud device. After enabling it, provide access capability to the device users who are using the My Cloud device. The following steps explain the WD Remote access in detail.
Enabling Cloud access
You can enable the Cloud Access feature for your WD My Cloud device in three different ways.
- Discovery on your Local Area Network (LAN)
- Activation code
Method 1: Discovery on your Local Area Network (LAN)
- Connect your WD My Cloud device to the network over a LAN connection.
- Now, the WD Cloud access software will start automatically.
- Once the software discovers the connected devices, follow the instructions displayed on the screen to complete the enabling process.
Method 2: E-mail
- You can use this method when you add a user to your WD My Cloud device.
- Because, when you add a user to the device, an e-mail including the instructions for setting up and activating a password for cloud access will be sent to that particular user. Ask the user to open the received e-mail and follow the instructions to complete the setup.
Method 3: Using an activation code
If your My Cloud device is not connected to a LAN connection, then you or any other user that is connected to the device can generate an activation code to complete the remote access process. (Note: To know more about methods 2 & 3, scroll down this page)
Configuring the Cloud Access settings for a user
- Open the My Cloud device’s Configuration Access page.
- On the opened page, click on the Cloud Access icon.
- Select the desired user that you wish to configure the cloud access settings.
- Type the Login credentials in the given fields.
- Click Sign Up.
- When prompted, type the user’s e-mail address in the given field.
- Now, an e-mail message covering the confirmation information and instructions will be sent to the entered e-mail address.
- Open the e-mail message and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the remote access setup.
Configuring Cloud access using activation code
- On the My Cloud Configuration Access page, click Cloud Access.
- Select the user of your desire and click Get Code.
- Generate an activation code by following the on-screen instructions.
Once the remote access is configured on your My Cloud device, you can access it remotely.In case you need to know more about the WD My Cloud remote access, contact us.
All views on this site are made by the best of our knowledge and do not represent any thoughts of other sites. Using this website, you can understand how to setup, use and troubleshoot your product. Also, the services provided by us are limited to customer requests and does not replicate any other businesses.