- WD My Cloud Firmware Update
How To Update WD My Cloud Firmware?
WD My Cloud is a personal cloud storage device. This device can be plugged directly into your router, and this helps in saving all your data in one central place. To continue working with your WD My Cloud device, you should keep its firmware updated. To know how to update WD My Cloud firmware, keep reading the instructions given below.
Connecting the WD My Cloud to the network
- Place your My Cloud device close to your router.
- Connect your WD device and router using a standard Ethernet cable.
- Next, connect your WD My Cloud device to an electrical outlet.
- Wait for the device to turn on. See if the blue light on the device stops blinking.
Downloading the latest firmware
- Connect your computer to the same wireless network.
- Open the default browser after ensuring that the Internet connection is stable.
- Go to the official WD site and click the Downloads tab at the top.
- Scroll down the page to the Product Firmware section and choose My Cloud from the Product drop-down menu.
- Click the Submit button and select the latest WD My Cloud firmware.
- Click the blue Download button and save the firmware file to your computer.
Updating the firmware on your My Cloud
- Ensure that your WD device and computer are connected over the same wireless network.
- Launch the default browser and go to the My Cloud dashboard.
- Navigate to Settings and click the Firmware Update button.
- Go to the Manual Update section and click the Update From File button.
- In the pop-up window, browse the downloaded firmware file.
- Select the firmware file and click Open.
- If prompted, click OK to confirm updating your WD My Cloud firmware.
- Finally, click the Install and Reboot button and wait for the update to get completed. If you need remote assistance to update WD My Cloud firmware