- How To Connect WD My Cloud To Pc?
How To Perform The WD My Cloud Connect To Pc?
WD My Cloud is one of the most user-friendly external hard drives in the market. You can store data on WD My Cloud and can access the data from anywhere. This page guides you with the instructions to do WD My Cloud connect to pc.
Basic WD My Cloud Setup on Windows
Open the product box and take out WD My Cloud and other contents from the box.
- You can directly connect one end of the provided USB cable to the USB port on WD My Cloud and the other end to the computer USB port.
- Connect one end of the Ethernet cable to the router’s LAN port and the other end to your My Cloud device’s internet port.
- Now connect one end of the adapter to WD My Cloud and the other to an electrical socket; the unit automatically turns ON.
- Make sure that your Windows computer and the My Cloud device are connected to the same network.
Basic My Cloud Setup On PC
- If you are connecting WD My Cloud for the first time, create a WD account.
- Open the default browser on the Windows computer.
- Download the setup software from the official WD My Cloud website.
- After the download is complete, double-click the setup file.
- On the My Cloud Wizard, click Get Started.
- Select the check box to agree to the license and click Next.
- On the next screen, enter your name and email id in the required field and then click Next.
- Now you have completed the WD My Cloud setup. Select the check box for Install the WD My Cloud application and click Finish.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the software installation on the Windows computer.
- Now click the software icon on the desktop. It will automatically go to the WD My Cloud dashboard.
- In the WD My Cloud dashboard, just drag and drop files from your Windows computer; it will automatically store them on your cloud account.
Finally, the WD My Cloud connect to pc successfully.