- How To Setup WD My Book?
How To Perform The WD My Book Setup?
WD My Book is a portable hard drive. It offers you a large amount of storage at a low cost. Compared to other external hard drives, this drive is highly secured. You can find out the WD My Book setup and software installation on this page.
- WD My Book drive.
- USB cable.
- AC adapter.
- Quick Install Guide.
- Open the box and take all the box contents out of the box.
- Connect the WD My Book drive to your computer’s USB port.
- Insert the adapter pin to the rear end of the WD drive and connect the adapter to the electrical socket.
- The drive automatically turns ON, and the drive appears on your computer’s file manager.
- Open the WD drive on the computer.
- Run the WD Discovery.exe file, which comes along with the WD drive.
- Once the WD Discovery software is installed on the computer, launch the app.
- Using the app, you can import and export data from your computer to WD My Book hard drive.
- Double-click on the WD Backup.exe file and follow on-screen instructions to complete the software installation.
- Launch the WD Backup app; this app helps to take a backup of your data.
- Double-click on the WD Security.exe file and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the software installation.
- Open the app and enter the password to prevent your WD My Book external hard drive.
How to partition WD My Book external drive on Mac?
- Connect the drive to your Mac.
- Open the Finder on the Mac computer.
- Click Applications > Utilities > Disk Utility.
- On the Disk Utility screen, click Erase.
- A dialog box appears before the Erase process starts.
- Enter the drive name in the text box.
- Once the WD My Book external drive erase operation is complete, click Partition.
- Under the Partition menu, type your name in the Name text box.
- Click the Format drop-down box; if you wish to use the WD My Book external hard drive only on the Mac computer, select Mac OS Extended (Journaled), or if you want to use the drive on another Operating System, click ExFAT.
- Enter the volume in the Size text filed and click the drop-down box, then click GB.
- You can split the disk using the ‘+’ button.
- Once the setting is done, click Apply.
- Wait until the disk partition process is completed.
How to partition WD My Book external drive in Windows?
- Connect the WD My Book external drive to the Windows computer.
- Now, click the Start button on the Windows computer and type disk management in the search bar.
- Click Disk Management under the best search.
- On the Disk Management screen, select the WD drive icon and click Delete Volume.
- If prompted, click Yes. Now the hard drive is formatted successfully.
- Right-click on the unallocated disk and click New Simple Volume.
- On the New Simple Volume Wizard, click Next.
- Enter the volume for the disk partition in Simple volume size in MB and click Next. The volume should be less than the maximum storage space of the drive.
- Click the Assign the following driver letter drop-down box, select the letter for your disk, and click Next.
- Click the File system drop-drop and select NTFS.
- Leave the Allocation unit size to default.
- Click Volume label, then name your hard drive and click Next.
Now click Finish to complete the WD My Book setup.
All views on this site are made by the best of our knowledge and do not represent any thoughts of other sites. Using this website, you can understand how to setup, use and troubleshoot your product. Also, the services provided by us are limited to customer requests and does not replicate any other businesses.