- WD My Book Backup Software Download
How To Download WD My Book Backup Software?
If you own a Western Digital (WD) hard drive, then you may be aware of WD Backup, which is the official backup software for all the WD drives, including My Book. WD Backup acts as a data backup tool, which allows you to keep all your sensitive data in one place. The software also provides the option of restoring the data when it is needed. In this modern era, where you need multiple external drives to store the information, software such as WD Backup helps to ensure that vital data remains safe and secure all the time. WD Backup provides users the flexibility to schedule automated backups at periodic intervals without any user intervention. So the user can carry on with his/her work. In the below section, we will see the steps to download WD My Book backup software on your computer.
BASIC THINGS TO BE KEPT IN MIND
- Connect your computer to a reliable power supply, as any interruption during the installation process can lead to setup failure.
- Close the unnecessary applications, as this may also affect the installation.
- Disconnect all other external hard drives from your PC except the WD My Book hard drive.
- Cross-check whether WD Backup is compatible with your operating system.
TROUBLESHOOT INSTALLATION ERRORS
- In case WD Backup gets stuck, fails, or does not work due to some minor to significant errors, the reason could be faulty installation or corrupted files.
- In such a situation, you need to remove the entire software and reinstall it from a reliable source (official WD website).
DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL WD BACKUP SOFTWARE
- Open your computer and connect to a reliable Internet connection.
- Go to your default web browser and download the WD Backup software from the official WD website.
- Click on the DOWNLOAD button to launch the download process.
- Depending on the network speed, it will take some time to download the entire WD software.
- Once the download gets completed, locate the WD Backup image.
- Extract the file using an extraction utility.
- Once extracted, double-click on it to initiate the installation.
- Read the license agreements and click Accept on EULA.
- Wait patiently till the installation gets completed.
- Select the Backup tab and click Run Backup to safeguard your important files and folders.
- Open the WD Backup folder and copy the WD Backup app to your Applications folder.
- If you find any software or firmware updates pending for your WD drive, then try to update them as soon as possible.
- Updates will keep your drive faster and healthier.
- Finally, reboot your system. If you need remote assistance to download WD My Book backup software, call us.