- Setup WD Elements For Windows
How To Perform The WD Elements Setup For Windows?
The lightweight WD Elements drive comfortably fits in the palm of your hand. It has enough space to store and share your documents, pictures, and works and is USB 3.0 compatible. To perform the WD Elements setup for Windows, refer below.
Key features of the WD Elements drive include:
- High capacity storage
- Designed for style and protection
- Up to 4TB capacity
Before you begin the setup, ensure that you meet the necessary requirements for setting up WD Elements.
Getting started with WD My Elements setup:
- Open the external hard drive package.
- Check all the components present in it.
- Take out the WD Elements drive from the box.
Connecting The Power Cable
- At first, turn on your computer.
- Using a USB 3.0 cable, connect the WD Elements drive to your computer.
- Now, the drive appears in file management utility and thus is ready for use.
Initializing The Drive
- On your computer, click the Start menu.
- Click File Explorer.
- In the left navigation bar, select This PC and then right-click on it.
- Choose Manage.
- Select Disk Management under the storage section.
- The Disk Management window appears on the screen.
- The Initialize Disk Wizard pops up immediately.
- Click the OK button to start the initialization.
- The initialization process starts, and your drive will be initialized.
- A black bar is displayed with an unallocated label.
- You can also create multiple partitions and format your drive to start using it.
Partitioning And Formatting The Drive
- On your computer, click the Windows icon at the bottom left corner.
- Select Disk Management. The Disk Management window appears on the screen. Now, ensure that you’ve initialized your drive.
- You’ll find the unallocated pane with a black bar on top. Right-click the unallocated black bar.
- Click New Simple Volume and then click Next.
- Select your volume size and then click Next.
- When prompted to select the file system, select NTFS and then select the Perform a quick format checkbox.
- Finally, click Finish.
Hopefully, you’ve learned the WD Elements setup for Windows.
All views on this site are made by the best of our knowledge and do not represent any thoughts of other sites. Using this website, you can understand how to setup, use and troubleshoot your product. Also, the services provided by us are limited to customer requests and does not replicate any other businesses.