- Hard Drive Not Showing Up On WD Easystore
Why My WD Easystore Hard Drive Not Showing Up?
Western Digital (WD) Easystore is a high-capacity portable hard drive that can be used to store your sensitive data. It can also be used to take regular backups on your PC to avoid any unexpected data loss. The WD Backup software takes all the essential backups on your behalf and works silently in the background to help safeguard your data.WD Easystore comes with a feature using which you can connect the hard drives universally with any device. You get the connectivity option with USB 3.0 devices and backward compatibility with USB 2.0 devices. The drive is supported on Windows as well as Mac computers. Here, we will discuss some of the standard and most efficient methods that will help you fix the WD Easystore hard drive not showing up on your computer.
Common reasons for the missing wd hard drive:
It is not a new problem that external hard drives fail to work or suddenly fail to show up on your PC. But you can perform some troubleshooting steps to get rid of the problem. These are the most common reasons for the WD hard drive not showing up on the computer or laptop.
- Insufficient power supply.
- Lack of drive letters or outdated drivers.
- File system issues.
- Partition problems.
- Dead USB port or faulty USB connector.
- External hard drive corruption.
- Physical damage to the hard drive.
- Problem with the computer’s USB ports.
- Hidden external drive.
- Improper formatting of the external hard drive.
Quick fix for wd hard drive not showing up:
- If you are a Windows user, try following these quick steps.
- Go to the Start menu, type the command devmgmt.msc in the search box, and click on the OK button.
- Open the Device Manager window > Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
- Right-click on the USB Root Hub > Select Properties.
- Go to Power Management and deselect the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save the power checkbox.
- Now, reboot your PC and reconnect the WD Easystore hard drive to your PC.
- If this quick fix doesn’t solve the problem, then follow the below-given methods to fix the issue of the WD hard drive not showing up on your PC.
Change the usb port or usb cable:
- If your WD Easystore hard drive fails to show up on your computer, then you can plug the drive into another USB port.
- If the issue is yet to be solved, then you can connect the WD hard drive with another new USB cable and check whether the hard drive shows up on your PC.
- Make sure that all the connections to your PC are secure.
- If you are a Mac user with USB-C or Thunderbolt 3 ports, then use USB-C to USB adapter to connect the external hard drive to your Mac.
Remove or clean up the virus:
- When the PC or WD Easystore hard drive gets infected by a virus or malware attack, you may not be able to access the data or even open the drive on that PC.
- So, install a well-reputed antivirus software on your PC and scan for viruses.
- If the antivirus software finds any malware on your PC, then try to remove or clean it up from your computer.
Change preference settings:
- One of the reasons why the WD Easystore hard drive does not show up on a Mac might be the preference settings.
- If you haven’t allowed your Mac to access the drive in the preference settings, then the Mac won’t display the WD hard drive on the desktop.
- To edit the settings, follow the steps given below.
- Open the Finder window, go to Preference, and select General.
- Check the External disks option.
- Now, allow your Mac to access the WD Easystore hard drive.
- If your Mac is still not able to recognize the drive, then move down to the next section.
Use a different computer or laptop:
- Sometimes, there might be a problem with the computer itself.
- Connect your WD hard drive to a different PC and see whether it is mounting on it or not.
- If the hard drive is showing up, it is confirmed that the real culprit is your own computer.
- If the hard drive is still undetected, then connect it to a system that is running on a different OS (Linux, Windows, Ubuntu, etc.).
- So, these are the methods that will help you fix the issue of your WD Easystore hard drive not showing up on your PC.
All views on this site are made by the best of our knowledge and do not represent any thoughts of other sites. Using this website, you can understand how to setup, use and troubleshoot your product. Also, the services provided by us are limited to customer requests and does not replicate any other businesses.