- Discovery Update
[Guide] WD Discovery Update
The WD Discovery will allow you to update all your WD Apps such as WD Security, WD Backup, and WD Utility Drive. Updating WD software helps you to access new features. The WD Firmware is available for both Mac and Windows. Let’s see how to update WD Discovery using both manual and automatic methods.
Supported Operating System (Windows)
- Windows 10 32/64-bit versions
- Windows 8.1 32/64-bit versions
- Windows 7 32/64-bit versions
Supported Operating System (Mac)
- macOS 11.0 (Big Sur)
- macOS 10.15 (Catalina)
- macOS 10.14 (Mojave)
- macOS 10.13 (High Sierra)
- macOS 10.12 (Sierra)
- OS X 10.11 (El Capitan)
- OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)
How to Update WD Discovery?
WD Discovery can be updated manually or automatically, and this does not need an internet connection.
- Make sure you have installed the WD app on your computer.
- Check whether the computer is connected to the Internet.
- If there is any update available, WD Discovery will notify you.
- Launch the app and then click the Bell icon.
- Below the SOFTWARE UPDATE section, click UPDATE NOW to update the software.
- Click Continue on the next screen.
- Read the user license carefully and then click Accept.
- On the Firmware Update screen, click Update Firmware.
- Once the firmware update is complete, click Exit.
- Once the Wd Discovery Update is complete, click Restart Now, and the computer will restart automatically.
WD Discovery Manual update (Windows)
- Open the default web browser and then go to the WD official support website.
- Click the Software for Windows tab.
- Now, expand Install WD Discovery for Windows and then click DOWNLOAD.
- The zip file will be downloaded on the computer; unzip the file.
- Right-click on the Install WD Discovery file and then click Run as administrator.
- Now, follow the WD software screen instructions to complete the installation.
- The old software will be automatically uninstalled while you update the latest WD software on the computer.
We hope this page was helpful in Wd Discovery Update.