- Wd Discovery Map Network Drive Greyed Out?
Wd Discovery Map Network Drive Greyed Out?
WD Discovery is a software designed for WD drives. Using this software, you can manage your WD drives and apps, such as WD Security, WD Backup, and WD Drive Utilities easily. It also allows you to map network drives. But, at the same time, some errors are encountered while mapping the network drive using the WD Discovery software on Windows. If you’re also encountering the same issue, then try the simple troubleshooting instructions given below to fix it.
- First, check to make sure that your WD drive is connected to your computer. Next, ensure that the connected drive is displayed on the WD Discovery software screen. Similarly, check to make sure that your Windows computer and the WD network drive are connected to the same network.
- If you encounter this issue after swapping or changing your router, then check whether you have configured the network settings correctly.
- After swapping the router, when you try to connect the PC to it, a dialog box prompting you to choose a network profile type will appear on the screen. If you have selected the Public option as the network profile type instead of Home, then there is a chance for these kinds of issues to occur. This happens because the network settings for each profile type are different. Re-perform the network settings on your computer to resolve this issue.
- If you are unable to map a network drive using WD Discovery on Windows even after configuring the network settings correctly, then check whether you have enabled the Client for Microsoft application on your computer. This application helps you access files, printers, and network devices remotely on your Windows computer. To check if you have enabled the application, follow the instructions given below.
- Open the Networking and Sharing Center screen.
- Select the Change Adapter Settings option followed by Properties.
- In the Properties context menu, look for the Client for Microsoft software.
- If you can’t find such a software, then it is not installed on your Windows computer. Enable the Client for Microsoft software on your computer and then try to map the network drives
Enabling the Client for Microsoft software
For Windows 10
- Open the Network & Internet window using the button combo, Windows + I.
- In the opened window, click on the Ethernet option.
- Go to the Related settings section and click on Change adapter options.
- On the Network Connections screen, select and right-click on the Ethernet option.
- Click the Networking tab of the Ethernet Properties box.
- Select the Client for Microsoft Network option by clicking the checkbox beside it.
- Click OK.
For Windows 8 or 7
- On the Control Panel screen of your Windows computer, click on the Network and Internet option.
- Select Network and Sharing Center > Change adapter settings.
- Right-click on Ethernet and select Properties > Client for Microsoft network > OK.
- Now, try to map the network drive using the WD Discovery software on your Windows computer. If the issue remains unresolved, then contact us.
All views on this site are made by the best of our knowledge and do not represent any thoughts of other sites. Using this website, you can understand how to setup, use and troubleshoot your product. Also, the services provided by us are limited to customer requests and does not replicate any other businesses.