- How To Recover Data From WD Device?
How To Perform The WD Data Recovery?
Western Digital is one of the biggest hard drive manufacturers that produce different products, such as WD My Passport, WD Elements, WD SSDs, etc. They create devices that focus on reducing the worries of less space and help to increase productivity by improving your PC’s storage. You can also transfer and share files at a massive speed without any disturbance. The WD device also comes with WD utilities, which enables you to back up the data. You can also recover the data if you have undergone the backup process. Let us see how to perform the WD data recovery.
Steps for recovery
- Turn on your PC and connect the WD device to your PC using the WD USB cable.
- Make sure that the LED light on the WD device turns on.
- The WD icon will pop up on your desktop.
- Ensure that you have a backup on your WD device for all the files you want to restore to your PC.
- Click on WD Backup view from your windows taskbar.
- Select Restore files.
- Select the location to restore the files that you need.
- On the restore files screen, select the files that you need to restore.
- Click Restore and your restore process will start.
- Once the process is complete, click OK.
- Now, you will get all the files that you want to restore without losing any of them.
How to back up files from WD device
Before backing up all the files and folders, make sure that you have installed the WD Backup utility. If not, then download the Backup utility from the official web page of WD. Search for the product’s name and select the WD Backup utility from the WD device page and download it.
- Install the driver and run the WD Backup utility.
- Select Start setup on the welcome page and click on Backup files.
- Select the location to which you want to back up the data that you want to restore and click Next.
- Select the Edit schedule option to change the schedule and make sure that you choose the period of backing up the data on either a monthly, daily, or hourly basis. Click OK.
- Select the Edit files option to select the particular file or folder to restore.
- Now, click on the Start Backup option and wait until the WD data recovery process gets completed.
All views on this site are made by the best of our knowledge and do not represent any thoughts of other sites. Using this website, you can understand how to setup, use and troubleshoot your product. Also, the services provided by us are limited to customer requests and does not replicate any other businesses.