- Backup WD On Windows 10 Computer
How To Perform The WD Backup Windows 10?
WD Backup is an easy-to-use application to have a backup of the data present in your hard drive. WD Backup will automatically back up the files, documents, and photos to a WD drive (making it the primary storage). It also performs off-premise backups to the cloud, making it the secondary storage for disaster recovery. WD backup windows 10 ensures an easy backup of files and folders.
The WD Backup application is supported only by Windows Vista, 7, 8.1, and 10; your data is in safe hands. In this article, you’ll read about how to download and install WD Backup for Windows 10. WD Backup has gone through a major upgrade and is now renamed “SmartWare.” WD Backup or SmartWare works with all the WD-supported external hard drives. So, it is very easy to back up all your important files.
DOWNLOAD WD BACKUP
Here are the steps to download the WD Backup application to your Windows 10 computer.
- Open the default browser on your computer.
- Click the address bar and type the URL for the WD support page.
- Move the cursor pointer to the Downloads tab on the page.
- When a list appears, click the Product Downloads option.
- On the page, click the Software for Windows tab.
- In the Software for Windows section, locate and click the WD Backup option.
- Click the Download button.
- The application will be downloaded to your Windows 10 computer.
INSTALL THE WD BACKUP APPLICATION
- Once the download is complete, do a double-click and extract the file.
- Extract the contents in the zip folder.
- Follow the commands on the screen and complete the installation for WD Backup.
HOW TO BACK UP
- Connect the WD hard drive to your computer.
- Open the downloaded and installed WD Backup application.
- Once the app opens, it will detect the connected WD hard drive.
- WD Backup will show you the contents on your computer in different sections (Pictures, Other, Music, and Movies).
- Click the Backup tab on the application.
- Select the data you want to take a backup for. Click the checkbox for the data you want to take backup.
- Click the Apply Changes button and click Run Backup.
This is all the information you need to know about WD backup windows 10.