- Wd Backup Offline?
Wd Backup Offline?
WD Backup is an easy-to-use application that allows you to back up the data from your computer to the connected WD drive. Sometimes, WD Backup might show the drive as offline if your computer does not recognize the WD hard drive. To troubleshoot this issue, go through the quick steps given below.
Solution 1: Check the hard drive connection
- On your Windows computer, check if the WD drive has been recognized. If not, disconnect the USB cable connecting the hard drive and computer.
- Wait for a few minutes and then reconnect the USB cable.
- If necessary, you can plug the USB cable into a different USB port on your computer.
- Avoid using USB hubs to connect the WD hard drive to your computer.
- If the drive is still not recognized by your computer, open Disk Management.
- Select your WD drive in the Disk Management window.
- Right-click your drive and select the Change drive letter and paths option.
- Assign a new drive letter for your WD drive.
- If necessary, you can also reformat the drive to make it recognized on your computer.
- Run WD Backup again and check if it is still offline.
Solution 2: Check the WD Backup Drive Helper service
- Start by launching the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows + R shortcut keys.
- Type ‘services.msc’ in the Run dialog box and hit the Enter key to launch Windows Services.
- Locate the WD Backup Drive Helper service in the Services window. Right-click the service and select Properties.
- Check if the service status is running. If not, it might be the cause for WD Backup offline issue.
- Set Startup type to Automatic and click the OK button.
- Alternatively, right-click the WD Backup Drive Helper service and select the Restart option.
- Exit Windows Services and restart your computer.
Now, the WD Backup software should not say the drive is offline. If the problem persists, click the Call button on this page and contact us for remote assistance.
All views on this site are made by the best of our knowledge and do not represent any thoughts of other sites. Using this website, you can understand how to setup, use and troubleshoot your product. Also, the services provided by us are limited to customer requests and does not replicate any other businesses.