- Backup Not Working On WD
Why My WD Backup Not Working?
The WD Backup application helps you to take a backup of your important data and protect it using a password. This application is installed along with the WD Discovery software. Whenever you wish to back up any data or configure the backup settings, open the WD Discovery software and go to the Apps tab. Select the WD Backup application and perform the backup process as per your desire. However, if the WD backup not working, then carry out the simple troubleshooting instructions given below.
Note: The following instructions are suitable only for Windows computers.
- Initially, make sure that you have signed in to your Windows computer with admin rights.
- Restart the computer and then open the WD Backup application.
- Check whether the WD Drive Manager and its Services are running. To check it, follow the below instructions.
- Open the Search field by clicking the Start button or menu.
- Type the devmgmt.msc command and tap Enter.
- From the list of suggestions, open Device Manager.
- Now, in the opened window, check whether the WD Drive Manager and WD Services such as WD Backup, WD Backup Drive Helper, WD Backup Snapshot, and WD Drive Manager are set to auto.
- If not, set them to Automatic and then launch the WD Backup application.
- Check if the WD drive that is connected is detected by the computer.
- If not, make the computer recognize the connected drive, and then open the WD Backup software on your computer.
- In case WD Backup is not working even after the drive is recognized, then update the WD device driver. To do so, follow the below instructions.
- Open the Device Manager window.
- Expand the Disk Drivers list.
- Select your WD drive and right-click on it.
- Choose Properties > Details > Set Property to be Hardware Ids.
- Copy the drive’s top value and paste it into the browser. This value will help you to download the correct driver for your WD device.
- After downloading the driver file, run it on your computer.
- Once the WD device driver is installed, restart your computer and run the WD Backup software.
If still the WD backup not working, then contact us and we shall assist you in fixing the issue.
All views on this site are made by the best of our knowledge and do not represent any thoughts of other sites. Using this website, you can understand how to setup, use and troubleshoot your product. Also, the services provided by us are limited to customer requests and does not replicate any other businesses.