- Backup Not Starting On WD
WD Backup Not Starting
WD Backup is an easy-to-use software that is used for automatic backup scheduling. If WD Backup not starting on your computer, then it is not your fault because Western Digital has recently stopped support for WD Backup. So, you can try backing up your data to an external hard drive using the Acronis True Image for Western Digital software. For detailed instructions regarding backing up using Acronis True Image, go through the steps given below.
- Connect your external hard drive to your computer using a standard USB cable.
- Check if your computer has recognized the hard drive. If not, try connecting the USB cable to a different USB port on your computer.
- Verify if the Internet connection is stable.
- Next, download the Acronis True Image for Western Digital software from the Internet.
Backup Using Acronis True Image
- Close all the running apps and launch the Acronis True Image software by double-clicking its shortcut icon on the desktop.
- Click the Backup tab at the top-left corner of the software home screen.
- Give your backup task a name.
- Go to the Backup tab and click the Select source tile to select the backup source.
- You can back up the entire PC, specific disk or partitions, files and folders, and NAS devices.
- To back up all your data, select the Entire PC option.
- Ensure that your computer has been selected as the source device in the Backup tab.
- Next, click the Select destination tile and choose your external drive.
- Click on Browse and specify the exact location where the backup files have to be stored.
- For additional backup options, click the Options button.
- Click OK and then select Back up now to initiate the backup.
You have now backed up your files without any worries, even though WD Backup not starting.