- Backup WD My Cloud To System
How To Use WD My Cloud To Backup System?
WD My Cloud is a network-attached storage device. This storage device includes a hard drive and cloud service. You have the facility to plug the hard drive directly into your Wi-Fi router. You can then save the digital content to cloud storage. You can even move all your files from your cloud storage to other public cloud services like Google Drive, One Drive, and so on. When you save your data on cloud storage, you will be able to save ample storage space on your computer’s local drive. Thus, your system’s performance is also improved. The WD My Cloud storage device is compatible with Mac’s Time Machine backup software. To know how to use WD My Cloud to backup system, check out the below section.
For Mac Computer
- On your Mac computer, click on the Apple icon on the menu bar, and choose the System Preference option. Then, select and launch the Time Machine.
- Make sure to set up the storage location for the Time Machine’s backup. If you haven’t specified it yet, click on Setup Time Machine and set up the storage location.
- Once done, click the Choose Backup disk option. Then, select your WD My Cloud hard drive and click on the Use for Backup option. Choose Guest, and click on the Connect button. Now, toggle the Time Machine switch to on.
- Now, the Time Machine starts to create a backup just as you assigned.
- You can also add additional users to your WD My Cloud storage device. On your Mac computer, launch the default browser, and type the IP address of the WD My Cloud device in the address bar.
- On the top navigation menu, hit on the Users tab. Then, click on the Plus + button and assign a new username and password for the new user.
In this manner, you can know how to use WD My Cloud to backup system system.
All views on this site are made by the best of our knowledge and do not represent any thoughts of other sites. Using this website, you can understand how to setup, use and troubleshoot your product. Also, the services provided by us are limited to customer requests and does not replicate any other businesses.