What are media streaming devices
Do you constantly watch live TV and sports on ESPN? It is exciting to sit and watch the set of serials from the 200 channels and apps including Hulu, Netflix, and Prime Video. The media streaming devices are designed to play an important role in playing your current favorites tracks. There are plenty of media streaming devices released in the market. Amazon Firestick, Roku, and Chromecast are a few examples. You can connect your media streaming device to TV, projectors, Android, and smartphone.
TV streaming devices
The advantage of TV streaming devices is that you can control the remote with your voice. The best voice control Chromecast device can be quite interesting. It can also stream videos from Amazon Prime, YouTube, Netflix, and many other third-party services. The Video on demand feature that comes with the TV streaming device lets you watch your favorite movies and TV shows at your convenience.
How to connect streaming device to TV
Excited to connect your streaming device to the television in your guest room? Follow the steps given below to connect the streaming device to your TV.
- Generally, there are 2 convenient ways to connect your mobile device to the TV- the screen mirroring method and media servers method.
- Screen mirroring is much faster. You will need an Android TV or Chromecast device as a receiver.
- Open the Google homepage.
- Open the menu.
- Select the cast screen. Start watching your favorite shows.
- Plug in one end of the cable to your phone or tablet. Plug the other end to an HDMI port on your TV.
- Subscribe to your favorite TV channels. Start watching on the big screen.
How to connect streaming device to wifi
If wires and cords are not your types, go ahead and opt for connecting your streaming device wirelessly. Today, connecting your laptop to a television makes life simpler and interesting. Follow the steps given below to connect your device to Wi-Fi.
- Roku streaming stick stands first if you consider connecting your device to Wi-Fi.
- Enable the screen mirroring option on your device.
- Select the Streaming option on your Android device.
- Select the option Settings from the home scren of your device.
- From the Settings dialogue box, choose the following options > Network > Wireless (Wi-Fi) > Set up new Wi-Fi connection.
- Choose your wireless network from the list of options.
- Enter your wireless password.
- Make sure that a proper network connection is maintained before you start streaming. Ensure that a 5GHz dual band is maintained.
Streaming device connect to Ethernet cable
Using an Ethernet cable to connect to your streaming device makes life simpler for most users. Follow the steps given below to connect the Ethernet cable to your streaming device.
- Before you begin with, be ready with your streaming device, an HDMI port, mobile device, an Ethernet cable, standard power outlet, Ethernet cable and AC power.
- Make sure that you purchase an HDMI cable designed to connect to your streaming device only.
- Plug your streaming device to an HDMI cable.
- Plug the Ethernet Adapter’s cable to the USB port of your streaming device.
- Connect the Ethernet cable to an adapter.
- Plug the Ethernet Adapter to an AC power source.
- Make sure that the length of the power cord is 78 inches.
- Open the Google home app.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the set-up.
- Connect your streaming device directly to an Ethernet cable to enjoy the superior speed and solid reliability.
Streaming device setup problems
Setting up your streaming device can be exciting as well as challenging. Ever had issues while performing the set-up? Follow this document to identify, rectify and prevent such issues. Basically, an interrupted internet access, computer reboots, interrupted camera feeds, and 24/7 attention are the basic set-up issues that come into existence. The reliability of a live telecast is quite important when you set up the streaming device for the first time. Another major set-up issue is to select the correct language, basic settings, wireless settings, and display settings.
Streaming device wont turn on
Do you have a hard time turning on your streaming device? Follow the steps given below to fix this issue.
- Make sure that the Power cable is plugged in properly.
- Remove the Power cable from the wall outlet. Wait for approximately 20 seconds and re-plug it securely. It will reset the streaming environment.
- Ensure that there is no faulty network connection. A bad network can result in no streaming at all.
- Check if it turns on your device. If not, check if the issue is with the ports or wall outlet.
- Check if loose cables are not an issue. If so, re-solder the power port.
- Check if the issue is with the remote connection. If so, replace old batteries.
- Double check the HDMI port connections. Unplug the cable and replug it after 5 seconds.
- Keep an eye over the wired connection. Check if the Ethernet cable is damaged or malfunctioning.
- If you are trying to connect your streaming device over a Wi-Fi connection, make sure that your local Wi-Fi connection is active and valid. Also, enter the network username and password correctly.
- Overheating may lead to power cable issues. Examine if there are any foreign objects on top of your streaming device. If yes, remove it and do a reboot procedure to resolve the issue.
Streaming device wont connect to wifi
Sometimes, connecting your streaming device to a local Wi-Fi network can end up in throwing errors. Connectivity can drop and may result in poor streaming.
- Make sure that the local Wi-Fi connection is proper.
- Unplug the cables and reset the network router.
- Disconnect the modem.
- Make sure that the streaming device is kept closer to the network router. If you are far from the network router, the more unreliable will be your network connection.
- Enter the correct network name and password when you try to connect to the network.
- Replace the motherboard if required.
- It is advisable to have a backup connection to tackle an intermittent network connection. Especially, if you are using a 24/7 streaming.
- You can use the Cat-5 Ethernet cable for free wireless bandwidth.
- Perform a power cycle on your network router.
- Log in to the admin panel and manually select a different channel.