- Stream To Roku From Mac
Stream To Roku From Mac
Method 1 – Mirror Screen to Roku application
- Download, install, and launch the Mirror Screen to Roku application on your Mac computer for stream to Roku from Mac.
- Choose the content that you want to stream.
- To add the Mac computer’s audio while streaming, select the Enable Mac Audio option.
- If prompted, install the audio driver.
- After you click the Mirroring To option, choose the device that you wish to stream.
- Now, the content on the Mac computer starts to stream on your Roku device setup.
- If you want to cancel the streaming process, go to the Mirroring To section and remove the connected device.
Method 2 – RokuCast
- RokuCast is a Chrome extension that helps you to cast the content on the Mac computer to Roku.
- Go to the manufacturer website, download the Zip file of RokuCast.
- Open the Google Chrome web browser on the Mac computer, go to Menu, and select the Settings option followed by the Extensions option.
- Enable the Developer Mode feature by selecting the checkbox next to it.
- After you click the Load Unpacked Extension option, search for the RokuCast file.
- You will see the extension at the corner of the web browser once the installation completes for stream to Roku from Mac.
- Go back to the Roku web page and update RokuCast.
- Connect the Mac computer to a wireless network.
- Also, connect the Roku device to the same wireless network.
- Launch the Google Chrome web browser, navigate to Extensions RokuCast, and click the Add To Chrome option next to RokuCast.
- Select the RokuCast extension, click the gear icon at the top, and type the IP address of the Roku device in the Roku IP Address field.
- Click the Go Back option at the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Now, the content like video played gets stream to Roku from Mac.