- Setting up Yahoo Mail In The Outlook
How To Setup Yahoo Mail In The Outlook 2016 Mac?
If you wish to access your Yahoo Mail account quickly, add it to the Outlook 2016 app. The Outlook 2016 app is an email client that helps you to use multiple email accounts without any difficulties and set up Yahoo mail in the outlook 2016 Mac.
Carry out these steps to set up your Yahoo Mail account in the Outlook 2016 app on your Mac
- On your Mac computer, launch the Outlook app first.
- Click the Tools menu and select Accounts from the drop-down menu.
- In the Accounts window, click the Other Email option to add your Yahoo Mail and set up Yahoo mail in the outlook 2016 Mac.
- Enter your email address in the Email address field and type the correct password of the email address.
- Click the Add Account button to start configuring the server settings.
- On the “Enter your account information” screen, enter your email address in the User name field.
- Choose either POP or IMAP from the Type drop-down menu to set your account type.
- In the Incoming server field, enter “imap.mail.yahoo.com” as your incoming server name if you have selected the IMAP option from the Type drop-down menu.
- Enter “pop.mail.yahoo.com” in the Incoming server field if you have chosen your account type as POP.
- Select the Use SSL to connect (recommended) checkbox if you wish to use an encrypted connection for your Yahoo Mail.
- Enter 993 in the port number field for IMAP and 995 if you have selected POP as the connection type.
- In the Outgoing server field, enter “smtp.mail.yahoo.com” as the outgoing server name.
- Select the Use SSL to connect (recommended) checkbox under the Outgoing server field.
- Enter port 465 or 587 in the port number field.
- Click the Add Account button and click Continue if the Verify Certificate window pops-up on your screen.
- After setting up your Yahoo Mail in Outlook 2016, verify your server settings by sending a test mail.
- If you aren’t able to complete the setup, open your Yahoo Mail account in a web browser and toggle on the Allow less secure apps button.
- Now, check if you could access your Yahoo Mail account from the Outlook app.
- If the problem set up Yahoo mail in the outlook 2016 Mac is persists, contact our technical support team for remote assistance.