- WD My Cloud EX2 Ultra Setup
How To Setup WD My Cloud EX2 Ultra For The First Time?
WD My Cloud EX2 Ultra is a personal cloud storage device. It has numerous features to backup and store your data. If you are setup WD My Cloud EX2 Ultra device for the first time, follow these steps.
Connecting the device to your network
- Start by unpacking the device from the package.
- If you are using a driveless model, install the hard drives.
- Next, connect one end of the supplied Ethernet cable to the Ethernet port of your device and then connect the other end to your router’s LAN port.
- Once the network connection is made, connect your WD device to an electrical outlet using the supplied power adapter.
- Wait for the device to turn on.
- Check if the power LED of the device turns solid blue.
Installing the online setup software
- Connect your computer to the same wireless network.
- Verify if the Internet connection is stable.
- Open the default browser and go to the official My Cloud setup page.
- Since you are setting up your WD My Cloud EX2 Ultra device for the first time, you should register your device and create a My Cloud account.
- On the Welcome screen, click the blue Get Started button.
- Wait for the software to detect your WD device.
- Carry out the on-screen instructions to complete the setup.
- Remember to install WD Sync.
- Choose the folders you wish to sync with your My Cloud EX2 Ultra device and click Next.
- After completing the WD Sync setup, click Close.
If you wish not to install the online setup software, you can still use the My Cloud device as an external hard drive, but you can only do file sharing. If you cannot setup WD My Cloud EX2 Ultra since it is your first time, contact us and we’ll assist you in setting up the device.