- Seagate Hard Disk Not Connecting To Mac
Seagate Hard Drive Not Connecting To Mac?
If your Seagate hard drive not connecting to mac computer, follow the below-mentioned troubleshooting methods.
- Connect the Seagate hard drive to the Mac computer using a standard USB cable.
- On your Mac, click the Finder menu and select the Preferences option from the drop-down menu.
- In the Finder Preferences window, click the Sidebar tab and select the External disks option in the Locations section.
- Now, check if the Seagate hard drive is displayed in the Finder window or it display the error Seagate hard drive not connecting to mac.
- If your Mac fails to detect the Seagate hard drive, open the Finder Preferences window again.
- In the Finder Preferences window, click the General tab and select the “External disks” checkbox.
- Now, your Seagate hard drive will be detected by the Mac computer.
- If the problem remains unresolved, move on to the next method.
- On your Mac, click the Finder icon in the Dock and select the Applications tab from the left-side panel.
- In the Applications window, click the “Utilities” icon.
- Click Disk Utility and check whether the Seagate drive is detected or not.
- Make sure that you have connected the Seagate hard drive to the computer using a standard USB cablee USB cable is damaged then the Seagate hard drive not connecting to mac.
- If the Seagate hard drive is not detected or recognized by Disk Utility, navigate to the System Information/System Profile section.
- Click the View button available at the top-right corner of the screen and select the Show All Devices option.
- This will display all the volumes and external hard drives connected to the Mac computer.
- If the Seagate hard drive not connecting to mac problem persists, choose the indented entry for the Seagate hard drive and click the Mount button available at the top of the Disk Utility window.
- If the Seagate hard drive fails to mount, choose the indented entry again and click the First Aid button followed by Verify Disk to repair the errors.
- Wait until the Verify Disk process is complete.
- Resolve the file system corruption and back up your necessary data before starting the repair.
- Restart your Mac and open the Applications window.
- Click the “Utilities” icon and select Disk Utilities.
- Change the file format for the Seagate hard drive to make it compatible with the Mac operating system.
- If the error Seagate hard drive not connecting to mac is again persist, contact our technical support team to get remote assistance.