- Seagate Backup Plus 8tb Desktop Drive issue
Seagate Backup Plus 8tb Desktop Drive Not Detected
Seagate Backup Plus 8TB is an external disk drive used to store, protect, and share all your data. You can easily backup your data to the Seagate Backup Plus drive. If your Seagate backup plus 8tb desktop drive not detected, follow the troubleshooting steps given below.
For Windows computers:
- First, unplug your Seagate drive’s USB cable from your Windows computer and reconnect it to a different USB port.
- Ensure that you are using a standard USB cable. It is recommended to use only the cable supplied along with your Seagate drive.
- If necessary, try connecting your drive to a different computer to check that the Seagate backup plus 8tb desktop drive not detected.
- If the drive is still not detected, verify whether it is compatible with your computer.
- Next, open the Disk Management window on your Windows computer. To do so, press the Windows + R shortcut keys to launch the Run dialog box.
- Type ‘devmgmt.msc’ in the Run dialog box and press Enter.
- Confirm that your drive is displayed as RAW in the Device Management window.
- Give a right-click on your drive and select the Format option.
- Type in a new volume label that is not taken by any other disk drive on your computer.
- Choose NTFS, FAT32, or exFAT as your file system and click the OK button. Doing so will fix the external drive issue on the connected computer.
- If the problem persists, create a new partition or turn on the USB root hub and make changes in Registry Editor.
For Mac computers:
- Ensure that the drive is properly connected to a working USB port on your Mac.
- Open Launchpad first and then find Other. Locate Disk Utility and double-click on it.
- Choose your Seagate drive and click the First Aid button.
- Click the Run button to repair your Seagate hard drive.
- If the problem remains unsolved, open the Applications folder and click on Utilities.
- Give a double-click on the Disk Utility icon.
- Choose your Seagate external drive from the left-side panel in the Disk Utility window and click the Erase button.
- Rename your drive and select MS-DOS from the Format drop-down menu for Format, Master Boot Record for Scheme.
- Click the Erase button to reformat your un-mountable Seagate external hard drive. And now the Seagate backup plus 8tb desktop drive not detected issue is solved.