- Replacing HP Pavilion 15-abxxxx Notebook
Remove And Replace The Optical Drive For HP Pavilion 15-abxxxx Notebook
An optical drive is a type of computer drive that helps to read and write data on CDs/DVDs. Also, it allows you to retrieve, edit, and delete all the content from your discs. If you want to replace the optical drive for HP pavilion 15-Abxxxx Notebook with a new one for some reason, refer to the simple steps given on this web page.
Steps To Replace
- Turn off your HP Pavilion Notebook.
- Remove the Ethernet cable as well as the power cable from the computer.
- Place the Notebook on a clean and flat surface.
- Note: The manufacturer strongly recommends to use an anti-wrist strap and a conductive foam pad when you work on the HP Pavilion computer. It helps to reduce the chance of ESD damage.
Removing The Optical Drive
- Locate the battery lock latch at the bottom of the Notebook.
- Slide the latch to the unlock position.
- Move the battery release latch to the release position to partially eject the HP battery.
- Raise the battery’s front edge.
- Take out the battery from the battery bay.
- Remove the head screw that secures the optical drive.
- Move the optical drive out of the base enclosure.
Replacing The Optical Drive
- Unpack a new optical drive.
- Place the new optical drive in the optical drive bay.
- Wait until you see that the optical drive bezel has been flushed with the base enclosure’s side.
- Insert the head screw to secure the optical drive.
- Place the battery’s rear edge to the battery bay.
- After inserting it into the bay correctly, the battery release latch clicks.
- Move the battery lock latch to the lock position. If you need remote assistance to replace the optical drive for HP pavilion 15-Abxxxx, click the call button.