- QuickBooks Printing Issues
QuickBooks Will Not Print Checks
If your Quickbooks will not print checks? then there might be issues with the print settings or the QuickBooks app. To resolve the printing issue, keep reading the instructions given below.
Solution 1: Basic troubleshooting
- First, ensure that your printer is turned on while printing your checks.
- Check if the connection between your printer and computer is stable.
- Next, verify that you are using the most recent version of QuickBooks. If not, update it.
- Open Notepad on your computer and select the Print option from the File menu.
- Choose your printer’s name from the displayed list and click the Print button to print a sample document.
- If the document is not printed, restart your printer.
- Try printing your checks again from QuickBooks.
- If the problem remains unsolved, try the next solution.
Solution 2: Disable Use Printer Offline
If the Use Printer Offline feature is enabled on your Windows computer, your printer will be offline and QuickBooks will not printing checks. To bring your printer back online, follow these steps.
- Open Control Panel and click the Devices and Printers tab.
- Give a right-click on your printer’s icon and select the See what’s printing option.
- Cancel the pending print jobs, if any.
- Click the Printer tab and deselect the Use Printer Offline option from the drop-down list.
- Select your printer icon and check if it shows online. If not, right-click the printer icon again and select the Set as default printer option.
QuickBooks should now print the checks. If you still have printing issues, move on to the next solution.
Solution 3: Run Print & PDF Repair Tool
- First, download the latest QuickBooks Tool Hub and save it to your computer.
- Open the downloaded QuickBooks Tool Hub file and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation.
- Next, double-click the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon on the desktop to launch it.
- Select Program Problems and click to run the QuickBooks PDF & Print Repair Tool. This tool will diagnose and fix the printing problem in your QuickBooks app.
- After running the tool, try printing checks from QuickBooks.
- If QuickBooks is still not printing checks, try the next solution.
Solution 4: Reset temp folder permissions
- Start by launching the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows + R shortcut keys.
- Type ‘%temp%’ in the text field and hit the Enter key to open the Temp folder.
- Give a right-click on the Temp folder and select the Properties option.
- Click the Security tab in the Properties window and ensure that all user names and groups showing on the Security tab have full control. If not, set the permissions to Full Control.
- Now, open QuickBooks and try printing your checks. If still the Quickbooks will not print checks, contact our technical experts.