- Printer Setup Not Working On Quickbooks
Why My Quickbooks Printer Setup Not Working?
QuickBooks is a commonly used accounting tool. Quickbooks is prone to be so user-friendly, but at the same time, it can also have its fair share of errors. One of the awesome features QuickBooks offers is the remote access feature. QuickBooks also has online banking. It has an improved functional email through Microsoft Outlook. It also offers more functionalities, such as the additional tracking of employee options and the authorization of electronic funds. Despite the great features, sometimes, the Quickbooks printer setup not working.
- The Qbprint.qbp file seems to be damaged.
- The QuickBooks application is missing a file or appears to be damaged.
- The printer setup window is opening off-screen.
Let us come to the scenario where the printer is on and connected to the computer. Now, here are the troubleshooting methods to fix the QuickBooks setup not working problem.
Method 1: Reset The Default Printer In Windows
- Open the Run command on your Windows computer (Windows key + R).
- Type Control Panel in the Run field and press the Enter button.
- The Control Panel window will open.
- Click the View Devices and Printers option.
- Do a right-click on the printer and click the option Set as default printer.
- Open QuickBooks and access the Print Setup window to check the changes.
See if you are resolved from the QuickBooks printer setup not opening issue; if not, proceed with the next two methods.
Method 2: Locate The Quickbooks File
- Locate the file by the name Qbprint.qbp.
- The Qbprint.qbp file will be in the C:/ drive.
- Follow the directory to find the file: C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks 20XX (20XX: QuickBooks version).
- Do a right-click on the Qbprint.qbp file and select the Rename option.
- Rename the file to Qbprint.old (.old added to replace .qbp).
- Open the Quickbooks desktop application.
- Click the File menu and select the Printer Setup option.
- Click on any transaction from the Form Name drop-down list, and click the OK button.
- Now, a new Qbprint.qbp file will be created.
Method 3: Turn Off Default Printer Option In Windows
This method is helpful if you are working on Windows 10 OS.
- Open the Settings window (Windows + I).
- Select the Devices option.
- On the following page, click the Printers & Scanners option.
- Click the checkbox to disable the Let Windows manage my default printer option.
Now, the Quickbooks printer setup not working issue will be resolved.
All views on this site are made by the best of our knowledge and do not represent any thoughts of other sites. Using this website, you can understand how to setup, use and troubleshoot your product. Also, the services provided by us are limited to customer requests and does not replicate any other businesses.